Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Default Re: Virginia has fallen.

The EC isn't going anywhere. Rightfully so.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    The EC isn't going anywhere. Rightfully so.

Decades of leftist educators neglecting to explain the history behind and importance of the EC - or actually doing the exact opposite and vilifying it - mean that it isn't really safe. Even folks who claim to be educated seem to think we should be a democracy.

(Berks County)

Kicking Lee's ass should be a piece of cake now.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    Decades of leftist educators neglecting to explain the history behind and importance of the EC - or actually doing the exact opposite and vilifying it - mean that it isn't really safe. Even folks who claim to be educated seem to think we should be a democracy.
    I'm confident that the amendment process is sufficiently complicated to prevent its abolishment.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

They're playing the long game and winning slowly and surely .
    Build up the big cities and get everyone hooked on gov't to provide for them .
    Then squeeze them and force them out to other states and overwhelm the locals
    then demand the same handouts and perceived protections that the big city gov'ts
    had given em . And poof no more freedoms .

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I'm confident that the amendment process is sufficiently complicated to prevent its abolishment.
    Their strategy is not to abolish the EC by constitutional amendment, but to bypass it entirely with an end run around it. Look up the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact which seeks to assign all EC votes from the compact signatory states to the winner of the national popular vote. As soon as they get enough signatory states to control the overall outcome (270 EC votes), it will go into effect. Talk about making your vote not count; if your state signs this, it's conceivable that every person in your state could vote for candidate A and yet all EC votes go to candidate B instead. Unconstitutional disenfranchisement, but it technically still uses the framework of the EC, so... good luck.

For all those who think eliminating or bypassing the EC is a good thing, you are fooling yourselves. Eliminating or bypassing the EC would nullify any reason for candidates to bother with rural states and populations since they could just pander to leftist population centers (cities).

Direct democracies ensure mob rule by allowing the 50.0000000001% to dictate what goes for the other 49.9999999999%. The Republic is supposed to help protect the minority from abuse by those in the majority by requiring coalition building to do something which would potentially abuse the people instead of just a simple majority. Different areas have different needs and concerns and the representatives from these areas are supposed to represent more than just what the national majority wants. The 'affinity' for the concerns of one's locality are supposed to limit the abuse of minorities by providing them with local representation of like-minded individuals where they can have influence.

The problem is with the loss of states rights, we are all subject to the same national policies dictated by the majority. It has created a monoculture. Factor in the elimination or nullification of the EC, and you, (the smallest minority), would actually have less representation and less influence over the policies that govern you than you had before. With state's rights, you theoretically should have 50 different options of states with different policies which you can choose to subject yourself to and can choose to try to influence. (Make no mistake, practically speaking, you are a subject to the state.) The EC is supposed to ensure that the Presidential candidate has to build a coalition across more than just the states/cities containing 50.0000000001% of the population.

I don't know about you, but I don't particularly feel that I have a whole lot of 'options' re: what sort of policies/laws I am subject to, especially re: those that choose to ignore and infringe my natural rights. Eliminating the EC will ONLY make this worse. Guaranteed.

ETA: One of the major problems is the spread of Big Billionaries money across state lines to influence/buy elections. This is what happened to VA this year. Bloomberg and Soros spent big $$ to make that happen. They will attack them one at a time. It will be like Dave Ramsey's debt snowball, but instead of debt, it'll be conservative policies. And watch out, because it's working.
    Last edited by buckengr; November 7th, 2019 at 07:08 PM.
    I am not a lawyer.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    How long before they become the eastern California?
    Maybe the second eastern California, behind New Jersey.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Well I ain't going nowhere, neither is my opinion. So I guess I will send a sternly worded letter to my congressman to try and change the Constitution. Thanks for the help.
    Good luck with that. I hope you are a very young guy.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Well I ain't going nowhere, neither is my opinion. So I guess I will send a sternly worded letter to my congressman to try and change the Constitution. Thanks for the help.
    Go for it, along with all the Democrats. Ask yourself why do they want that. But again, you've succeeded in stirring the pot with known B.S., so congrats. Feel better?

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    Maybe the second eastern California, behind New Jersey.
    Jersey was voted third most want to live state.smfh

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast