Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default Man charged in road rage incident

from the Butler Eagle. happened near me and I think I drove by that day as the cops were pulling in. thoughts on this? my thought is that any of us could lose our rights quickly just by someone saying they felt afraid and saw our gun. I'd stay in the vehicle. always try to deescalate

A Butler man is accused of showing another man that he had a pistol during an apparent road rage incident in Butler.

Stephen J. Fleming, 24, faces a hearing in December on charges in the incident last week in Pullman Square. No one was injured.

Butler police said the alleged victim, a 28-year-old Butler man, told them that he was driving on Hansen Avenue around 5:20 p.m. Friday when another motorist, later identified as Fleming, pulled in front of him.

The victim said he had to hit his brakes to avoid striking the defendant's car, according to charging documents. Both drivers turned onto Renaissance Drive and eventually traveled into the shopping plaza.

Police said the victim admitted that he yelled something out of the window as they approached the stop sign at Bell and CDC drives.

Fleming told police that he and the other man were both “yelling back and forth,” documents said.

According to the victim's account, the defendant stopped his car at the stop sign and got out. While facing the victim, he allegedly “lifted his shirt exposing a handgun that was in a holster in the front waist band of his pants and told (the victim), 'Do something.'”

The older man advised that he was “very scared,” police said, and drove around the defendant before calling 911.

Fleming denied lifting his shirt to show his gun, a 9 mm pistol, police said, but acknowledged that he believed his shirt was tucked behind the gun in his waist band.

District Judge Bill O'Donnell arraigned Fleming on misdemeanor charges of terroristic threats, simple assault and disorderly conduct. He was released on unsecured bond.

His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Dec. 9 at the office of District Judge William Fullerton.

Fleming's attorney, Christopher Thomas of Pittsburgh, said Tuesday that he has not seen the police complaint and declined to comment on the charges.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Man charged in road rage incident

I feel like I’m less likely to get into these kinds of situations when I carry. Not because I don’t wanna lose my rights but because I don’t go looking for trouble.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by WoollyPullover View Post
    I feel like I’m less likely to get into these kinds of situations when I carry. Not because I don’t wanna lose my rights but because I don’t go looking for trouble.
    Yep,looking for trouble is what caused one legal gun carrier his freedom down in Florida .
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Chester County)

I'll bet anything Fleming never would have gotten out of his car if he hadn't been carrying a holster full of faux courage.
    You are a straight white man. You don't get to be the victim, sweetie.

(Bucks County)

Every law abiding citizen should have the right to carry for protection and even use deadly force if their life is threatened..........But playing gangsta and flashing a firearm during a mutual verbal confrontation is crossing the line.

Lets just say that when he tries and get his LTCF back I will need to know a lot more of the details before I contribute to his Gofundme page .

(Clearfield County)

Didn't someone post a thread about being involved in something similar to this the other day?

(Bucks County)

Had a similar case. Individual applied for pistol permit (that's what we called it back in the day) investigated and cleared, police chief formally notified county sheriff of approval (that's the way it was done back in the day), sheriff issued the PA LTCF. Some time later licensee got into a verbal dispute with the counter man at an auto repair.

Counter man called police after licensee left, made a complaint that licensee had shifted his windbreaker jacket and exposed his holstered gun in a menacing manner. Licensee of course denied a deliberate exposure, claiming if it happened, it was an accident having nothing to do with the matter.

Successful prosecution not probable, no arrest. Permit (LTCF for current viewers) was revoked. Licensee apparently did not appeal. Never heard more of it.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Montgomery County)

I kinda had a road rage incident today(no rage on my part lol), my lane cleared up and i got to go before some jackass who had been stuck in traffic, he tried to fly around me cutting me off and trying to push me into the curb or hit him. He then slammed on his brakes and parked in the middle of the road blocking traffic trying to 'make me wait my turn' i guess. I smiled and laughed, waved at him. I was getting paid to sit there didnt matter to me lmao.
    He got butt hurt that i wasnt all upset after a few minutes and jumped out of his car to storm over screaming at my window. I had already rolled my windows up and doors locked. I was also jamming out to the music playing, better than listening to some jackass run his mouth hahaha.

It mad me realize that i dont care for how i carry in the car.

Although i remembered i have an 8" work knife on the door pocket, and several pocket knives in the center console so thats something at least.

In the end, i ignored him and made him look like an even bigger unhinged jackass. Lmao.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Every law abiding citizen should have the right to carry for protection and even use deadly force if their life is threatened..........But playing gangsta and flashing a firearm during a mutual verbal confrontation is crossing the line.

Lets just say that when he tries and get his LTCF back I will need to know a lot more of the details before I contribute to his Gofundme page .

How do you know that he flashed anything? Because the "victim" claimed he did?

I swear I never want any poofa members on the jury if I ever need to use a gun for self defense. LOL
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    How do you know that he flashed anything? Because the "victim" claimed he did?

I swear I never want any poofa members on the jury if I ever need to use a gun for self defense. LOL
    it's like red flag laws. one side said it so it must be true. now the otherside must prove innocence.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast