Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Shipping a revolver

I’m afraid it could possibly be a bit more than just the ejector rod being bent because the barrel cylinder gap closes when the bent part of the ejector spins. I’d rather him take it apart and properly diagnose it.

He said shop turn around time would be 2 weeks. No answer from pinnacle yet
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by smoke-wagon View Post
    I tried to call pinnacle because he’s about an hour away but he didn’t answer so I sent an email. I’m just a bit concerned with anyone working on the python since it’s irreplaceable to me. I was sending it to frank Glenn who is highly recommended on the colt forum.
    Sometimes he [pinnacle] gets busy, best times to reach him are earlier or later in the day before or after he gets back from the shop... he typically does not answer calls while working (noise etc)

Also, consider Eric who owns and operates EZ Accuracy a very local gunsmith on york road in southampton (close to bunker) - he is excellent, I have used him a dozen times by now and has alot of experience with revolvers.
    He just made me a franken-revolver... a titanium taurus 617 frame with a stainless cylinder that was reamed to fire 9mm with moonclips (it shoots 9mm, 357mag, 38 special), it rocks, very difficult project considering Taurus' tolerances in their parts.

(Philadelphia County)

Update* I was able to get in touch with mark from pinnacle and I dropped the python off this morning. I can’t wait to shoot it again, especially with all the talk of the new ones. I saw a comparison video and the new ones look OK but side by side there are some big differences

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by smoke-wagon View Post
    Hello, my 1963 python needs to be repaired and I’ve read the best gunsmith for the old colt action would be a gentleman in AZ named frank Glenn. I’ve called colt and they no longer service revolvers from that era.

What would be the best place to ship it from in the SEPA area? He said going through a dealer would be less than using ups on my own.

I believe tanners quoted me $20 before but I tried to call and didn’t get an answer. I’d prefer something in Philadelphia but my local place quoted $130 to overnight it. Thanks!
    Tanners charges a flat rate of 50 dollars to ship a handgun

(Montgomery County)

Several months ago I shipped a S&W to S&W through FedEx. I got it back from S&W several days ago.

(Philadelphia County)

The python is home,I definitely recommend mark at pinnacle for your revolver needs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12