Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Default Re: What would you do? Am i my overreacting?

He's taking some mighty risks with his life.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    File a complaint with the court
    Like, yesterday.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Bucks County)

Pin his foot in the door, then introduce lead into his torso until his version matches yours.

(Chester County)

Door chains are useless. I don't answer the door at night, I have a surveillance camera the visitor can't see but if I don't know who the person is I won't answer the door. Door bell cameras are good for a deterrent but they can also be covered up because they are visible. Spy vs Spy.

skip to :25 seconds (introductions suck ass)

Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(York County)

....wanna think real hard about stuffing your foot inside my threshold in an aggressive manor. You aint ever gonna walk right again.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    I have the doorbell camera. If an unknown rings the bell I can see, hear and question them via the app from wherever I happen to be. The ring is set to sound like a barking dog.
    Looking into getting one...which do you have if you don't mind me asking...

(Delaware County)

Like others have indicated...I don't answer the door, unless I am expecting someone.

I did happen to walk by our side door, which we use most of the time and noticed a strange truck in my driveway, with the tail gate down...in front of a pile of metal, copper and HW heaters...all scrap. I pulled my G from waist and placed my hand on side of door, opening the door with other hand and asking the guy what he was doing. He looks a little surprised and then proceeds to start walking over to the door. I tell him stop. He does...and at that moment puts up both hands and says...don't shoot! I ask him, what the hell do you think you are doing? He says one of the neighbors had some stuff to pick up and he noticed the pile I had. Funny thing is, the neighbor did have some goods for pickup, so I knew he was at a minimum being honest about how he saw my stuff.

At that point, I pulled my arm down, let him see my G and re-holstered. Ended up taking his contact info and chatted with him for about 20 minutes. I had about 1500 bucks worth of scrap in that pile.

FYI...my wife and kids don't open the door for anyone...even if its a cop. Talk thru the door, but don't open it.

(Tioga County)

I wouldn't stand behind the door either, they'll just shoot thru it if they want.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by joeyj View Post
    Recently my wife's friend heard a loud banging on her front door at 11 AM. She had the chain on the door and when she opened it, a man stuck his foot in and demanded she opened up the door. Still pounding on the door he never identified himself or his intent. This woman was scared out of her wits and didn't know what to do. I thought to myself, if this was me would I find a phone and call 911 or grab my pistol and say if you don't get your foot out of my door, I'll blow it off.
    After a bit, the man identified himself as a process server and wanted to give her a warrant to appear in court to appear as a witness.
    The way that he goes about serving people, he must have a death wish. Can I get some opinions on this. Joe
    Never open the door for someone you don't know, no exceptions, banging or otherwise.
    If the guy is legit then the entire dangerous situation could be avoided simply by not opening the door.

Door chains are no defense against attack, they are only held in by small screws in the door trim, and the chain itself is easily snapped anyway.
    Use a fish eye peephole and/or a door camera.

Regardless, an actual determined violent intruder will come in by breaking a window.
    The only truly effective defense against forceful home invasion is a gun and knowing how to use it.

As for this process server and his extremely aggressive tactics, he is way out of line and has no justification for his actions.
    If he behaves that way regularly it is probably only a matter of time until he ends up hospitalized or dead.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Should have shot his foot.
    Or nailed it to the floor.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast