I read an article today that says some Connecticut police dogs have been trained to sniff out hidden guns and ammo. Link below.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...sniffing-dogs/

Anyone knowledgeable about how effective these dogs actually are? For those of us who are not qualified under HR 218, this puts concealed carry in non-permissive states in a whole new light. (Not that I or any of you would consider doing such a thing!) But nonetheless, I have talked to more than a few normally law abiding citizens male and female who would normally never do anything inappropriate with a firearm who say that the very small chance of a properly behaved citizen getting caught carrying concealed is vastly outweighed by the greater chance of getting robbed, stabbed or shot in some of the finer sections of the country.

So if you are appendix carrying your freshly cleaned snubbie which has not been fired recently, is the dog going to sniff it out while you're walking from a restaurant with your wife back to your parked car? What about if it is locked up in a metal case in your trunk as you travel from one legal location to another? Does a dog alert for a "gun" give probable cause to search your car? What about your pocket knife that you occasionally lube with a drop of gun oil? Cn they sniff that out too? Thoughts?