Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Carbon County)

Default NJ war vet snagged mag ban

Please watch and share this heartbreaking story! You MAY be next! In NJ we are ALL Law Abiding Criminals and the laws are passed to trap us the third tier!

I.E.D. DIDN'T DESTROY HIS LIFE, NJ GUN LAW WILL!

NJ MARINE FACING 36 MO. FOR 2 Standard MAGS!

by Black Wire Media Friday Oct. 25, 2019 www.cnjfo.com/join-us

BREAKING! Marine Mike Harky gave 8 years of his life protecting his country. An I.E.D. explosion medically retired him from the Marine Corps.

The Amphibious Vehicle (AMTRAK) driver and Waldwick, NJ businessman came home with a Purple Heart and everything he was issued except for his rifle & gas mask.

These souvenirs were sent home in Harky's footlocker, which had remained closed for years until an incident this past February brought about by a child custody dispute unfolded.

A T.R.O. (Temporary Restraining Order) was issued and the Waldwick Police visited the Harky residence, asking as they always do about weapons in the dwelling.

It was then that the footlocker was opened and the magazines were seized along with other property.

The T.R.O. was nullified at Family Court in February, at the conclusion of the custody battle, shortly after the seizure incident. During a subsequent search by Police, a shotgun stored in his attic, his Marine dress sword and 10 assorted collector knives were seized along with (2) standard capacity 30-round magazines the Marines issued to him that he forgot were stowed away in his footlocker.

Harky doesn't own a rifle OR the ammo for the magazines. They're just punched-out pieces of metal that contain a spring, a follower and some sand dust.

Fast forward to September 19th's consent order from the Family Court awarding 50% custody to each parent of the couple's 8 year old son, a heart transplant patient.

The consent order stated he needed to apply for & pass a background check for a NJFPID card in order to get his shotgun, sword & knives returned.

In going through the seized items in September, Waldwick PD then found the (2) 30-round standard issue magazines for the Marine's M-4 duty rifle that he doesn't have, at which time he was placed under arrest & spent two days in Bergen County Jail!

Harky, now remarried, has a November 15th Court date at Bergen County Superior Court in Hackensack. Harky, worried the state is trying to make him an "Example" for NJ's new Hi-Cap MAG BAN that puts you AWAY for 18 MONTHS per magazine, then wrote a Facebook post on Tuesday Oct. 23rd, which is now going viral!

Fellow 2A supporters recommended he get attorney Evan Nappen to represent him in this matter, and as of last Wednesday evening, Nappen is under a retainer contract.

No formal fundraising effort is yet underway and this construction company owner that employs 12 full-time employees now faces a dire future.

Any help sharing this Marine Hero's fateful journey through the meatgrinder that is the NJ Court system will be greatly appreciated!

click on video

Last edited by middlefinger; October 29th, 2019 at 05:50 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Carbon County)

Default Re: NJ war vet snagged mag ban

In the photo of me while serving our beloved country over seas is a high capacity magazine.

I believe i was 19 when this picture was taken whether i was in fallujah or habbinayah im not sure.

( one of the few pictures i have of myself while in the military as i really didnt have time or the chance to take pictures like others promote)

However when i was 19 i was trusted by the Government to carry, hold and use at my discretion, also to use, automatic grenade launchers, automatic machine guns, millions of dollars in machinery and the pricelessness of my brothers lives.

Currently the state of new jersey, thanks to Waldwick PD, im being charged as a felon ( thats right a felon) because i had this tucked away in a lock box, that i havent actually opened in about 8 years since i got out of the Marine Corps.

I didnt even realize i had kept these as suveniors it has been so long. So working two full time jobs, never been charged with an actual crime before, i cant say ive actually gotten so much as a parking ticket since i have been home, never missed a child support payment, own a succesfull business which employees countless people, supported and helped out friends fincially/ emtionally, helped people purchase homes, helped people start businesses, countless awards, purple heart recipient and the list goes on.

The sentence for having these two magazines ( i dont even own the rifle that goes with it or any rifle for that matter just the magazines) is 36 months in prison. My trial for this ( yes my trial i actually have to stand a trial for this nonsense, is Nov 15th). It really just goes to show how ass backwards this town and this state is. Awesome!

Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Monroe County)

GTFO of PRNJ.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Bucks County)

I don't know how any politician or police officer and department can walk with their head held high. I would be so ashamed. Well, had I been ordered to make the arrest, I'd have refused and let the department do whatever.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    I don't know how any politician or police officer and department can walk with their head held high. I would be so ashamed. Well, had I been ordered to make the arrest, I'd have refused and let the department do whatever.
    I have two words for the honest citizens of NJ: "Jury Nullification". We had all better get comfortable with it in the coming years.

(Allegheny County)

The future of gun control is now.

Disgusting.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Elk County)

Anybody figure out what the thread title means?

And where's that Samuel L Jackson meme from Pulp Fiction when you need it?

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    I have two words for the honest citizens of NJ: "Jury Nullification". We had all better get comfortable with it in the coming years.
    Unfortunately in NJ, many people who serve on juries are most likely anti - gun ownership.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Unfortunately in NJ, many people who serve on juries are most likely anti - gun ownership.
    If anyone could actually bring themselves to write down a guilty verdict, they're a lot more than just anti gun...

This is sickening.

(Montgomery County)

And wait... They want him to apply for a firearms card but also are charging him with a felony??? Those two things don't complement each other well..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast