Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Meat Shoots

(Montgomery County)

Default Meat Shoots

Any clubs holding any meat shoots in the near future?

(Clinton County)

Default Re: Meat Shoots

You should go to Jonestown Fish and Game's block shoot. It's a blast and I've always come home with some meat (mostly thanks to my son's luck at shooting )
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=353096
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Montgomery County)

Thank you. I saw that thread but I have always heard them called "Turkey shoots" or called "Meat shoots". I never heard them called "Block shoots".

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhra View Post
    Thank you. I saw that thread but I have always heard them called "Turkey shoots" or called "Meat shoots". I never heard them called "Block shoots".
    Understandable. Technically they do a "card" shoot, shots are made on a roughly index card sized paper with an "x" printed on them from corner to corner and the closest bb to the center of the paper wins the round.

I also realize this is about an hour an a half from you but well worth the trip. It takes me 2.5 hours to get there and it's worth it to me.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhra View Post
    The club I belong to held one years ago and one of the guys found an old box full of wood blocks and two stands, so we actually had a real "block shoot." Somewhere in my office is a block that I saved from the one and only round that I have ever won. If I find it, I'll post a pic.

(Bucks County)

Ridge and Valley in Coopersburg is having a Turkey shoot this Sunday.

They usually have meat raffles and drawings at the shoots but all I know for sure is that they have turkeys.

There is a cabin fever meat shoot every spring.

https://ridgeandvalley.net/turkey-sh...v-3rd-at-noon/

TURKEY SHOOT

Turkeys are frozen

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 3rd, 11AM TO 5PM
    Shoot time: Noon to 5pm

Doors open with food available around
    11am
    for hungry shooters. Volunteers to help with shoots are welcomed and needed. Bring your own 12 gauge shotgun or the club will lend you one for the shoot.

EGG SHOOT
    Once again during the shoot we’ll have a pistol shoot for Turkeys. Bring your favorite, open-sighted pistol or hand gun with a barrel less than 10” long (no scopes) and ammunition to the RIFLE RANGE and we’ll take it from there. It is $1 per shot to hit an egg at a set distance. The distance is secret until the day of the shoot.

BB GUN SHOOT
    For the kids:

Red Rider BB Gun shoot. Open to kids 6 to 14, free of charge. Prizes will be awarded. A parent or guardian must accompany each participant. Safety glasses must be worn and will be available from the club if you don’t have a pair.

ARCHERY SHOOT

…..various targets etc

Sig P320 M17 DRAWING after the final block shoot (about 4 o:clock}

NOTE: ALL RANGES WILL BE CLOSED DURING THE SHOOT