Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default NRA ArmsCare Insurance Program Dropped

Well this is basically my last straw with the NRA. I think the program has been dropped for awhile, but I just found out today that it has been. In the past you'd get $2500 insurance for guns & accessories as well as $7500 accidental death insurance with your membership. I believe it was also doubled for life memberships. Well, no more.

I wanted to let everyone know in case they were unaware and counting on this coverage. If I didn't have only $75 left on my life membership payments I'd probably be cancelling, but I might as well just finish at this point.

Default Re: NRA ArmsCare Insurance Program Dropped

Thank states like NY and now NJ for putting pressure on the insurance companies not to write policies for the NRA. I doubt that the NRA dropped the insurance - probably the other way round.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    NRA Benefactor Member

(Berks County)

I never gave a crap about armscare. Same as all the dumb discounts. I joined and continue for their lobbying. Anything else is ridiculous. If you want real insurance you have to pay real premiums.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Bob View Post
    Thank states like NY and now NJ for putting pressure on the insurance companies not to write policies for the NRA. I doubt that the NRA dropped the insurance - probably the other way round.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    Agreed, but have they looked to find another provider yet? I'm sure there are gun friendly companies who like money and would underwrite the policies.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    I never gave a crap about armscare. Same as all the dumb discounts. I joined and continue for their lobbying. Anything else is ridiculous. If you want real insurance you have to pay real premiums.
    A $2500 supplement is still $2500. That plus homeowners insurance and most people are completely covered.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    A $2500 supplement is still $2500. That plus homeowners insurance and most people are completely covered.
    I would never count on collecting on insurance I wasn’t paying the premium on. I don’t send in pch giveaway entry forms either. Ymmv
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Clearfield County)

This is bullshit, WHO IS GOING TO PAY FOR THE GUNSMITH TO REPLACE ALL THE SHITTY PLASTIC ON MY RIFLE WITH GOOD BRASS?

(Chester County)

I just updated my Homeowners policy to make sure all my firearms and bicycles are covered in case of a boating accident. The NRA is a lobbying organization and I've written to them many times to remind them I don't need cheap wine or insurance. At least they send out voting reminders even in local elections. Bloomberg money is doing it's best to destroy the gun community.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

I have used their Armscare insurance and they paid promptly and to the limits of the policy (minimum coverage - read that:free).

I was under the impression that most homeowner's policies will not cover firearms unless they are on a separate rider, which generally requires listing of the serial numbers. Something some are loathe to do. Have I been misinformed?

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    NRA Benefactor Member

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Bob View Post
    I have used their Armscare insurance and they paid promptly and to the limits of the policy (minimum coverage - read that:free).

I was under the impression that most homeowner's policies will not cover firearms unless they are on a separate rider, which generally requires listing of the serial numbers. Something some are loathe to do. Have I been misinformed?

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    I assume that depends upon the insurance company.
    I have not increased my homeowners coverage above the basic firearm coverage; because they wanted serial numbers of all my guns.

This thread reminds me.
    I was going to looking the following for insuring all my guns: https://collectinsure.com/
    Supposedly this company does not require serial numbers.
    --ET

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast