Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Share your night vision set up!

Night shoot season is almost here! What will you be wearing to the big dance?

Here's mine:

Housing: AB NightVision Mod-3 Bravo with manual gain (can be worn as binocular or separate into two monoculars for sharing)

Tubes: Gen 3 autogated green tubes I previously had purchased in used PVS14s, no blems or anything

Builder: Night Vision Incorporated

Finish: DIY Krylon spray paint, because nice things need spray painted

Focus Device: Matbock Tarsier Eclipse X2

Helmet: Ops-Core Fast Bump with 4D Tactical memory foam pads (these are so amazing), TNVC Mohawk Mk2 Gen1 counterweight pouch, Chinese IR blinky light, also have a knock off ballistic helmet that I want to upgrade to an Ops-Core with the same pads

Mount: Norotos AKA2, dove tail

Hand held light: old school TNVC Torch

Primary Rifle Optic: Trijicon MRO, love the off setting between IR and visible brightness intensities

Primary Rifle Aiming Laser: Steiner OTAL-C IR, provided pressure pad

Primary Rifle Light: Surefire M600V white light/IR illuminator with DS00 tail cap, ST07 pressure pad

Possible Upgrades: Ball-detent aviation mount for the MOD-3 is cool but I don't know if the low profile mount is worth the money. Would love to have a MAWL IR laser for my rifle. I haven't set a pistol up for night fighting yet. I'm still deciding between the DPP and RMR red dot for my Glock 17. Right now if I want to use my handgun I just look under the night vision and use the Glock with irons and TLR1HL.

Last edited by JoshIronshaft; October 23rd, 2019 at 11:38 PM.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Share your night vision set up!

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Wyoming County)

OP you put everything in that post but the cost. Wat up?

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    OP you put everything in that post but the cost. Wat up?
    Hint: More than all my cars combined.

But seriously, I bought the stuff piece by piece over the past 5 years or so.

If you went out and bought everything in my post new right now you would probably want to have $10,000.00 on hand. I saved a few grand buying things used, watching for sales, clipping coupons, etc.

The sad part is, almost all of my night vision friends have better/more expensive stuff.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post

If you went out and bought everything in my post new right now you would probably want to have $10,000.00 on hand. I saved a few grand buying things used, watching for sales, clipping coupons, etc.

The sad part is, almost all of my night vision friends have better/more expensive stuff.
    Sweet rig.
    Love the patch
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post

Must be rich to be nice.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Chester County)

I don't have any nightvision friends.

(Lackawanna County)

I’ve fought off every thought about buying night vision for the last two years. Then I see shit like this. I hate you

Is the mawl available to civilians?

If you’re taking gun fighting than you have to go rmr. The dpp is just not nearly as durable a dot

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Must be rich to be nice.
    I think most people would say I'm nice!

I'm doing alright for myself at my day job but the way I make things like night vision happen is prioritizing. For example my primary car is a Saturn Ion that I paid $500 for because it had issues running and I fixed it. I do all my own car work form changing oil to swapping engines and body work. My car insurance is inexpensive. I have no cable bill, just an antenna for free channels and a monthly bill for basic internet, Netflix, and Amazon Prime. I do all my own plumbing, wiring, concrete, landscaping, wood work, etc. on my house and only bring in a contractor for what I absolutely have to.

I spend so much time doing things myself to save money, that it's nearly impossible finding the time to enjoy the money I save! A fortunate problem to have, I know.

So yeah, if you saw me walking around walmart in my usual greasy torn up clothes your first thought wouldn't be, "I bet he has a sweet night vision set up." haha.

Oh yea, also no kids, never married. And I have an amazing and understanding girlfriend.
    Last edited by JoshIronshaft; October 24th, 2019 at 08:39 AM.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    I’ve fought off every thought about buying night vision for the last two years. Then I see shit like this. I hate you

Is the mawl available to civilians?

If you’re taking gun fighting than you have to go rmr. The dpp is just not nearly as durable a dot
    Yup, civi MAWL: https://tnvc.com/shop/b-e-meyers-maw...visible-laser/

If you were closer to south-western PA I would invite you out to a night vision range trip and you would be done for then. Once you go down the rabbit hole there's no going back.

The RMR and DPP can both fail, hence why we leave irons on the gun, but there are some features of the DPP I like. I don't know, still have to give it some thought. Fingers crossed Leupold will release a next gen DPP that addresses the reliability issues!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast