Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Share your night vision set up!

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    Yup, civi MAWL: https://tnvc.com/shop/b-e-meyers-maw...visible-laser/

If you were closer to south-western PA I would invite you out to a night vision range trip and you would be done for then. Once you go down the rabbit hole there's no going back.

The RMR and DPP can both fail, hence why we leave irons on the gun, but there are some features of the DPP I like. I don't know, still have to give it some thought. Fingers crossed Leupold will release a next gen DPP that addresses the reliability issues!
    Have there ever been any Poofa night shoots?
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Have there ever been any Poofa night shoots?
    I don’t know of any.

There is a PGH local club that hosts a monthly night shoot during the winter months where we have people using white light but also a lot of night vision users. I don’t want to post the details publicly but I will talk about it via PM if anyone is interested. Anyone who can safely handle a gun in the dark is welcome, it’s just not a publicly advertised event.

(Montgomery County)

I don’t know of any.

There is a PGH local club that hosts a monthly night shoot during the winter months where we have people using white light but also a lot of night vision users. I don’t want to post the details publicly but I will talk about it via PM if anyone is interested. Anyone who can safely handle a gun in the dark is welcome, it’s just not a publicly advertised event.
    I don't take my gear out nearly as often as I would like.
    I would seriously consider making the trip sometime if the shoot was worth it.
    If someone did a Central PA Poofa night shoot it would be a lot of fun, I am sure we are not the only ones here with gear.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Berks County)

If someone did a Central PA Poofa night shoot it would be a lot of fun, I am sure we are not the only ones here with gear.
    Night shoots are held daily down in Philtytown.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Tioga County)

Mine at work is typically a randomly selected PVS-21 and on occasion, a PVS-14. I use a Team Wendy helmet with a Wilcox mount and a Wendy counterweight. Sometimes I will also be able to try out a clients gear, I've run a few experimental setups I don't even know the designation for, one able to switch between thermal or regular night vision or blend the image together. I've also used PVS-31s recently which are replacing PVS 15s(which I also have used), the PVS 31s are light and have remarkable clarity. I really like those a lot.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    Mine at work is typically a randomly selected PVS-21 and on occasion, a PVS-14. I use a Team Wendy helmet with a Wilcox mount and a Wendy counterweight. Sometimes I will also be able to try out a clients gear, I've run a few experimental setups I don't even know the designation for, one able to switch between thermal or regular night vision or blend the image together. I've also used PVS-31s recently which are replacing PVS 15s(which I also have used), the PVS 31s are light and have remarkable clarity. I really like those a lot.
    Was the NVD with thermal overlay the AN/PSQ-20B ENVG?

https://tnvc.com/shop/anpsq-20b-envg/

Those are sick and have a price tag around $20k. I had the chance to play with one once and I definitely left some drool on it. I would love to get a thermal overlay COTI (clip on thermal imager) attachment for just one tube on my MOD-3 but they suck at $6k. Thermal overlay is so sweet though. I pray someone brings a lower cost alternative to market.

I cant say I have checked out a PVS-21 in person yet. Is there a reason you utilize this housing for what you do?
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Washington County)

The shoots we have are pretty laid back, we gather at the range before dark to set up some targets at various ranges. At dusk we warm up with everyone shooting a dot torture drill with carbine or pistol. Then it’s is a hot line free for all, everyone shooting at their leisure at steel and doing some show and tell with gear and guns. I don’t think it would be worth traveling across the state and getting a hotel room but if you have no other night vision shoots in your area then it is what it is.

(Tioga County)

Was the NVD with thermal overlay the AN/PSQ-20B ENVG?

https://tnvc.com/shop/anpsq-20b-envg/

Those are sick and have a price tag around $20k. I had the chance to play with one once and I definitely left some drool on it. I would love to get a thermal overlay COTI (clip on thermal imager) attachment for just one tube on my MOD-3 but they suck at $6k. Thermal overlay is so sweet though. I pray someone brings a lower cost alternative to market.

I cant say I have checked out a PVS-21 in person yet. Is there a reason you utilize this housing for what you do?
    I don't recognize that 20B model. All I was told is they cost $50k a piece and other than that I don't ask questions and veer out of my lane.

The PVS-21 I like. Some of my colleagues do not like them. They are flatter on your face and they work for me.

(Washington County)

Last night at the last PGH night shoot of the season I got to meet the owners of Low Light Innovations and bought a pair of their “white” filters for my green tubes.

https://www.lowlightinnovations.com/...vision-filters

If you have green tubes you really need to try these.

There is barely any green tint to my nods now and the image is very white. In the attached picture I have the manual gain all the way up to take a photo. When I run lower gain (as I normally do) the image is even more white, making it easier on the eyes and contrast is improved. If there is a loss of light transmission I can’t perceive it. Check em out.

In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Lancaster County)

You could do some serious 'squatchin in that rig.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast