Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default FOR THE HATERS AMONG US!

Last edited by JustinM; March 26th, 2007 at 10:53 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: FOR THE HATERS AMONG US!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jmateer View Post
    Over the past few days there have been a few self hating gun owners popping up. Mostly Fudds.

So, being the responsible, God fearing citizen I am. I found them another place to hang out that might be more resourceful to them, than this place.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/
    I've seen what you are talking about, but if you think about it, this (above) really isn't helpful.

Not preaching, just pointing out what I see as being... and I HATE this F-ing word... divisive. (gulp. I hate you for making me use lib-speak! )
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

I don't fault anyone with only 1 or 2 guns and only goes hunting, or do I expect them to be as rabid as I am about my RKBA. The only heat they will get from me is if they speak out in public or happen to write for a hunting magazine (like the Zumbo affair) and bash a large community of gun owners.

Face it, we have to stick together, if statistics are to be believed there are 250 million guns in this country, 80 million gun owners yet only 3 million members of the NRA and even less for the other pro 2A groups out there.

Not very good percentage wise, imagine if we could just double that to 6 million politically active gun owners writing letters, making phone calls and writing e-mails.

Our problem is our own selves for the most part, not just one part of the whole.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(Philadelphia County)

This kind of stuff really doesn't help anyone or do anything. All it does is create unnecessary drama.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Westmoreland County)

I know it's garbage. But there actually are a few members on PAFOA that sound like they are writing the garbage for TBC.
    They do serve a purpose. They create *balance* in the *force*.

(Erie County)

I know it's garbage. But there actually are a few members on PAFOA that sound like they are writing the garbage for TBC.
    Sorry if this post doesn't make sense. I tried to edit my post and accidentally deleted it .
    When the government has a knife at your throat and a hand on your wallet, it matters not whether it is the left or the right hand.

(Northumberland County)

There may well be 80 million gun owners, but unfortunately, most of them don't care about any gun but the one they personally own, which includes mostly hunting type rifles, and shotguns, many revolvers, and other collector/antique rifles and pistols.

Those people generally do not see as their rights being in danger, and do not identify with "the gunowner". While they own a gun, they see no need for "assault weapons", hi capacity pistols, and cheap "saturday night specials".

I would say that probably 70 out of the 80 million gunowners fall into the above. The rest are members of what we refer to as the gun community, shooters and activists who uderstand that our rights are under constant attack. While only 4 million of those are NRA members, many hold grudges against the NRA and some american firearms companies because of what they define as Betrayal. These shooters are who were responsible for lynching Zumbo.

We are an increasingly divided community, The hunters don't like the assault weapon owners, the assault weapon owners don't care about the shotgun range, the shotgunners don't care about the long range shooters, and nobody likes the pistol shooters except the pistol shooters...

United we stand, Divided we Fall...

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    This kind of stuff really doesn't help anyone or do anything. All it does is create unnecessary drama.
    +1

From what I've read in this thread, jmateer, the only one that looks like a hater is you.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Allegheny County)

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast