Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

Default Will I be denied firearm purchase

New here sorry if this info is listed somewhere else. I don’t want to get in trouble trying to buy a gun so I am asking for information before I try. In 2001 I was 1st offense, arrested for m1 theft/ receiving (cell phone) value was never established in the police report, So was valued less that $50. I was found guilty, I paid a $300 restitution $155 fine. 1year probation, My attorney said it was a stipulated 1st offense and I plea bargained to a lower grade. I ordered a Certified Disposition which shows I was originally charged with m1.
    PA state police criminal history doesn’t have a grade listed and the space is blank. Court summary and final disposition from court do not have a grade listed and the space is blank.
    I Had an FBI fingerprint background check, shows I was “arrested or receive” but doesn’t state wether I was convicted or not and no info about grades or sentencing.

The criminal defense attorney I had in this matter said this conviction would not effect civil rights but he was not a firearms expert. would this ungraded misdemeanor disable me on a state or federal level from firearm possession or purchase (either or both)?
    I am more concerned with how federal law or NICS views this sort of matter.
    Last edited by Ppat; October 22nd, 2019 at 12:18 AM.