Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: double action

Hybrid View

(Delaware County)

Default double action

Does anyone have any information regarding double action in Yeadon. Doors are closed and phone is always busy.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: double action

It seems to have closed. Here is a quote from their facebook page.
    To all my loyal customers. The range is closed until further notice. This was not my choice. I cant say what is going on right now, but I will when I am allowed to explain. It has been my pleasue the past 20 years and thank you for all your support over the years. It is truly a sad day for me and the gang.......

(Delaware County)

Thanks, I didn’t think to view their Facebook page.

(Chester County)

Just talked with my friend in Collingdale and she said she went there this morning and it was closed so I guess that's it. She said there had been a bunch of guns stolen from them a while back, not sure how long ago but she believes it was inside job. It wasn't the best range I've ever been to but good enough. The guy that ran it was a pretty decent guy. Not too many ranges in that neighborhood, he was the only one.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Montgomery County)

I highly doubt it was an inside job. All the people working there are good dudes. If I HAD to guess it would be something about straw purchases. Not that they have been named but on the front page of delco times I’ve seen a lot of articles about delco straw purchase busts lately. Anyway, it def sucks, that was like the only range somewhat close to my house. I don’t know where to go now

(Delaware County)

Someone told me there was new owners and it was being remodeled. Don't know if it is true or not. Just what I heard.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Just talked with my friend in Collingdale and she said she went there this morning and it was closed so I guess that's it. She said there had been a bunch of guns stolen from them a while back, not sure how long ago but she believes it was inside job. It wasn't the best range I've ever been to but good enough. The guy that ran it was a pretty decent guy. Not too many ranges in that neighborhood, he was the only one.
    That was in April of 2018, stolen were 22 handguns, don't think they ever got caught.

Reading comments on their facebook page it seems the owner retired, but the note zoid11 posted (also on the FB page) doesn't sound like it. A lot of folks who recently paid for memberships aren't happy, no warnings, no communication from the shop.

(Delaware County)

Double Action is no longer in operation. However, a new, completely reconstructed full-service firearms range and training center will be opening on this location beginning in the Summer of 2023. This new range will be called GPS (Guns, Protection, Safety) and will be open to the public as well as members.

The range has been updated and the facility and training will accommodate all skill levels. New shooters as well as veteran firearms enthusiasts will find this location welcoming, with a friendly, educated staff in a bright, world class setting. It is suitable for the entire family.

The range employs the most comprehensive safety features including the best in industry ventilation system, advanced range climate control, ballistic rubber and steel throughout to maximize safety and minimize noise, and well-trained firearms experts and Range Safety Officers.

Law Enforcement and Security Organizations will be welcomed for private use of the facilities, including exclusive use of the firearms range and classroom, and the GPS simulation systems.

Those not in the Law Enforcement or Security industries will find training options to fit their needs as well, including classroom, live-fire, and simulation experience training programs.

Well worth the wait, GPS will be the Premier Philadelphia Area Firearms Range and Training Center. Additional information including website and contact information, and Grand Opening Events dates to follow. Looking forward to meeting you this summer!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by GPS Firearms View Post
    Double Action is no longer in operation. However, a new, completely reconstructed full-service firearms range and training center will be opening on this location beginning in the Summer of 2023. This new range will be called GPS (Guns, Protection, Safety) and will be open to the public as well as members.

The range has been updated and the facility and training will accommodate all skill levels. New shooters as well as veteran firearms enthusiasts will find this location welcoming, with a friendly, educated staff in a bright, world class setting. It is suitable for the entire family.

The range employs the most comprehensive safety features including the best in industry ventilation system, advanced range climate control, ballistic rubber and steel throughout to maximize safety and minimize noise, and well-trained firearms experts and Range Safety Officers.

Law Enforcement and Security Organizations will be welcomed for private use of the facilities, including exclusive use of the firearms range and classroom, and the GPS simulation systems.

Those not in the Law Enforcement or Security industries will find training options to fit their needs as well, including classroom, live-fire, and simulation experience training programs.

Well worth the wait, GPS will be the Premier Philadelphia Area Firearms Range and Training Center. Additional information including website and contact information, and Grand Opening Events dates to follow. Looking forward to meeting you this summer!
    Sounds like it*s going to be a great range. Good Luck!

You might want to start a new thread with your new name and info to let more people know about it. . Maybe call it GPS replacing Double Action in Yeadon

. Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast