Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: PICS Result - Undetermined & Challenge Forms

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    Did you supply your social security number?
    One time I had a holdup on a PICS check...after an hour, the FFL was on the phone with them and asked me to supply my SSN. I did and BOOM, approved.

There was another man with the same name as me in the same county buying a LOT of guns in the past month, especially at gun shows. They were apparently keeping an eye on him. So I was put in research until they determined I'm not him.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Montgomery County)

That's what I'm concerned about. I have made a fair number of additions to the family this year and have also sold a few (all through FFL). Could that possibly prohibit me from receiving a green light through PICS? I wasnt under the impression there were limits on the number that the state would allow an individual to buy.

The ONLY other thing I can think of that would have caused a change in status is that I was an identity theft victim in Yonkers, NY. I handled that rapidly through TD Bank and locked down all my credit authorizations via the big three reporters. I can't imagine that the lines between financial & civil rights have become so blurred that it'd impact my status though.

When the state does come back to me, can I expect a "root cause" or is it going to be a simple form letter saying that I can not be denied?

That shouldn't be a concern.

Cruzans has no issues.

Apparently this other "alpacaheat" fellow was being watched for a reason other hoarding firearms...but that was apparently a cause for concern to the PSP.

Just give your SSN if there's a delay and it should clear it up. I usually do not give it unless I need to. They already have it anyways.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by medik212 View Post
    That's what I'm concerned about. I have made a fair number of additions to the family this year and have also sold a few (all through FFL). Could that possibly prohibit me from receiving a green light through PICS? I wasnt under the impression there were limits on the number that the state would allow an individual to buy.
    No. I personally know some well-off people who belong to the "Gun of the Week" club and getting an approval has never been an issue for them.

The ONLY other thing I can think of that would have caused a change in status is that I was an identity theft victim in Yonkers, NY. I handled that rapidly through TD Bank and locked down all my credit authorizations via the big three reporters. I can't imagine that the lines between financial & civil rights have become so blurred that it'd impact my status though.
    It doesn't. ID theft has noting to do with it.

When the state does come back to me, can I expect a "root cause" or is it going to be a simple form letter saying that I can not be denied?
    There will be no "root cause." The letter will be a "Reversal of Denial," or simply a Reversal letter. It will have a reference number to your "case," and you might want to keep a copy of the Reversal letter with you in case there's a issue again.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    No. I personally know some well-off people who belong to the "Gun of the Week" club and getting an approval has never been an issue for them.

It doesn't. ID theft has noting to do with it.

There will be no "root cause." The letter will be a "Reversal of Denial," or simply a Reversal letter. It will have a reference number to your "case," and you might want to keep a copy of the Reversal letter with you in case there's a issue again.

Noah
    Good intel - thanks Noah

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12