I had the dubious honor of receiving an "undetermined" result from PICS over the weekend during what was anticipated to be a routine transaction at Tanners.

I've been convicted of running a red light in 2009 but that's the lone spot on my "criminal history". After running a background check to see if there are any spurious data points against my identify (none found), I have submitted the challenge form.

Does anyone have experience with this kind of thing lately? I had positive approvals from PICS several times this year and as recently as August 2019. I can't for the life of me understand why anything would have changed aside for the mechanism (mobile device) not working as well as the instant check via telephone check that was done last time I bought anything. Is there any chance that the result could change from undetermined to "approved"? Is there any truth to the assertion that if they can't deny you after 5 days, you are by default approved?

Anyone's input on what to expect and when would be very much appreciated. I did mail Phil Kline, Esq. for his suggestions which were sound i.e. run a background check to be sure about my criminal record before submitting challenge form so as to not compromise myself by attesting to a false statement. However I am 100% sure of my history and there's no reason whatsoever I should have been denied.

Ray at Tanners was great in dealing with it btw, and is kindly holding my 365 SAS for me while I chomp at the bit to get this all sorted.