Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Canik TP9 Elite SC optics ready

I picked up the Elite Combat off Prepper Gunshop for $594.00, same place that I got the SC Elite $379.00 and the Sar 9 for $269.00. I have had a lot of the Walthers come through the shop, does not sit well in my hand but the triggers are nice,just not my gun and I don't think I would spend the money for the steel Q5. as I said the Walther has a nice trigger system. The HK VP9 has a grip I like ,but the average stock trigger pull on those hand guns is 7.1 to 7.5 lbs which puts it in the suck range for me..
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Lancaster County)

I feel my negativity toward the Q5 stems from something you just touched on. I bought it after reading all the good reviews as well but can’t figure out what all the fuss is about. With all the talk about it possibly having the best striker fire trigger on the market and great ergonomics I found that it doesn’t fit me well and the trigger is nothing to write home about. It’s a good gun but I admit I most likely set my expectations too high and take it out on the pistol in general. I don’t know if I am with popular opinion or against it but I also find the looks of the frame and grip rather displeasing. With some hockey stick tape and trial and error I was able to build up the lower portion of the frame and minimalize the finger humps and bumps and get it to somewhat fit my hand. I also just installed an Apex trigger and plan to start shooting it heavily to see if I can change my opinion.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Northampton County)

Often our expectations on some of these products comes back to haunt us. I don't rely on any of the online reviewers these days because most of them are paid in way or another. I buy products test them and yes some don't live up to expectations,but that is exactly what I will report back ,if I like something I will say so,if I don't I will say it sucks! That's why I did bother getting the Sar 9 until someone had actually made some trigger upgrades,the ones that passed through my shop had HK VP9 range trigger pulls ,way to heavy for me. I should have the Sar by Tuesday so wed or Thru I will get out to shoot all three.

(Northampton County)

A quick update ,the Sar 9 arrived late today, the Galloway Precision trigger ,springs and I got a plus three mag extension as well, they arrived on Sat. The trigger pull on the Sar was averaging 7.2 lbs out of the box, and pulling it by hand I remembered what I did not like about these pistols, that dingus in the trigger just feels like crap and rubs your finger raw. Since I already had the upgrade flat trigger and springs I put them in. It's a little more difficult than working on your glock which ain't hard at all. 45 minutes later I have really nice trigger feel and an average pull weight of 4.8 lbs ,very clean and smooth. So with the mag extension I added about 75.00 with shipping over the $269.95 plus shipping cost. About $375.00 total with the upgrades pistol and shipping costs. I will take some photos tonight and hopefully get out to shoot all three by Thursday.

(Northampton County)

Another update- I have photos done ,just have to load them into the forum pictures section on my website,then I can put them here. First thing this morning I went to the range and shot all three pistols. Today's winner the Canik cCmbat Elite with the Salient Arms parts best accuracy and group size, pistol ran perfect ,was not cleaned and lubed before shooting. I like to shoot them right out of the box as they came. Number two today was the Sar 9 with the Galloway trigger upgrades in over all group size and over all accuracy,nice feel to the trigger,it was also the best in felt recoil management. Did not run perfect though, I thought the trigger was a little tight in the frame after install ,so today I had a couple of reset issues this morning, it stuck a little. The Galloway trigger is 3D printed carbon fiber,so I will take it back out and remove a small amount of material from both sides with a mini sander and reinstall and test before running all three guns again. The Canik sub compact ran great no issues ,has a little more felt recoil ,this is normal for that sized gun, Group spread out a little more than the other two pistols,but not much and the factory trigger is pretty decent. I will finish debugging the the Sar and shoot them some. I was however very impressed by the Canik Combat Elite!

[URL=http://www.eastonfirearmsrefinishing.com/Gallery/photo/459/3.high.jpg][/URL
    Last edited by Brian Ahearn; December 2nd, 2019 at 05:51 PM. Reason: wrong photos

(Northampton County)

Sub Compact photos-

(Northampton County)

Sar ( Striker fired pics -

(Northampton County)

I have installed the Galloway Trigger in the Sar 9