Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Bond snake slayer

Anyone out there have a bond snake slayer. Im thinking of getting one and was hoping for some feed back from current owners/users.
    thanks
    RIP -The US constitution.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Bond snake slayer

I've seen this gun before but never gave it a second thought. If I wanted to shoot .410's out of a pistol, I'd probably get a Taurus Judge! Although the Bond would be a bit better to conceal...

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Blair County)

I bought a Bond Arms Snake Slayer several years ago after reading about them on the Internet.

One day at lunchtime I left the office & drove to a local gunshop that had one. I looked it over but was undecided whether or not to buy it.

On the way back to my office I called Bond Arms from my cell phone and a fellow named "Charlie" answered the phone.

Charlie went on to answer every one of my questions so well I turned around, went back to the shop & bought the thing. I have never regretted it.

Their customer support is second to none. I have a .40 S&W barrel for mine, along with a .357 Maximum barrel. And of course the original .45LC / .410 barrel.

The quality is OUTSTANDING. I support your thoughts Sir.
    ~ Luke... Come to the dark side... We have cookies! ~

(Blair County)

My wife bought me one for Christmas for this year It is in the safe, staying there until Dec. 25 according to her. Dying to shoot it .45, .410 engraved custom lettering, three more barrels on the way along with two holsters. I am like a kid who is growing VERY IMPATIENT.

Brad
    And if you want to race, name the place and I'll show you where it's at mother f@#$&#!

(York County)

I like the idea of a small compact pistol with a big punch for those times when a larger gun would be clumbersom, summertime with shorts and a tee shirt.
    The judge looks like a great gun but a little big for carrying at times.
    RIP -The US constitution.

(Northampton County)

It's a niche gun. I do like them though. I've looked them & they seem well made with nice workmanship. However feeding them is not cheap as both both calibers are $$. It seems .410 is the same price as 12ga. & .45 Colt is also $$.

I guess it would work as a pest gun where one is concerned about collateral damage. If carried for defense against 2 legged pests I would reccommend a second gun as you only have 2 shots.

I would love to run different ammo out of one over a crono and see what i get.

If I had one I would want the .38/.357mag barrell. Ammo is cheaper & I can still use shotshells.

I can't see where a Bond Arms or a Taurus Judge would do anything a 4 or 5" .44mag revolver would not do. The Snakeslayer would conceal better...that's it.

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by reverserboy View Post
    It's a niche gun. I do like them though. I've looked them & they seem well made with nice workmanship. However feeding them is not cheap as both both calibers are $$. It seems .410 is the same price as 12ga. & .45 Colt is also $$.
    noun, adjective, verb, niched, nich·ing.
    –noun
    1. an ornamental recess in a wall or the like, usually semicircular in plan and arched, as for a statue or other decorative object.
    2. a place or position suitable or appropriate for a person or thing: to find one's niche in the business world.
    3. a distinct segment of a market.
    4. Ecology. the position or function of an organism in a community of plants and animals.
    –adjective
    5. pertaining to or intended for a market niche; having specific appeal: niche advertising.
    –verb (used with object)
    6. to place (something) in a niche.

I'll go with #3. A distinct segment.

Or number 5, specific appeal.

Why does everything have to be a "niche" something or other?

I just sold my Nor'Sea 27 sailing yacht. It is considered a niche sailboat. I still have my C-Dory 22 Cruiser. It is considered a niche cruising boat.

I used to drive a 1984 VW camper. Very niche. Almost a cult.

Sometimes when I buy something it is because I LIKE IT. It might not make sense. It might not be the best solution. BUT I LIKE IT.

The Bond Arms Snake Slayer is a work of art. Craftsmanship is second to none.

Yes, it is heavy. No wait, I meant to say IT IS HEAVY!!!

Nonetheless I bought one several years ago. I like it.

The factory has always treated me very well. I have nothing but respect for the people at Bond Arms.
    ~ Luke... Come to the dark side... We have cookies! ~

(Northampton County)

The Bond Arms Snake Slayer is a work of art. Craftsmanship is second to none.
    Yes it is. I would like to have one some day,even though I'm not a derringer guy. I was impressed with the workmanship.

The workmanship in them is awesome. They're actually a bit larger than some people think, but they're still pretty small. Recoil on some of the heavy loads and even 00 .410 could be considered a bit "stiff" or "brisk". I don't personally own one, but I have a few friends that own them. Out here we have a fair share of rattlesnakes and they carry them around to dispatch of them, I've heard they're great at this task. For a self defense gun, you can see what was disputed about with "The Judge" and even 00 buckshot out of such a short barrel. The decision is yours, but the workmanship on the pistol is nice.

(Dauphin County)

I bought one in the spring and just love it. Great back up piece for CC. Packs a wollop but not bad. My Taurus CIA protector bucks more. A work of art.