Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

(Lehigh County)

Default PICS check for Handgun placed on “Research”???

So I filled out all the paperwork for the PICS check for a Glock 19 gen 4. Usually I am approved in minutes. I have a valid LTCF. But for some reason this time about a half an hour went by, before PSP made the decision to put my check on “Research”. I don’t have a criminal record and i can’t think of any prohibitory records for it to be put on research. Only thing I’ve been told by the guy behind the counter was that because, the day before I filled out the paperwork for the Glock 19, I had purchased a LE trade in Glock 22 for a good price at another LGS closer to me. For the Glock 22, the PICS check only took a few minutes . I would’ve also purchased a Glock 19 from the same store along with the 22 but they didn’t have any in stock. Would this be any reason for putting my PICS check on research? Also the guy that did the PICS for the Glock 19 is a LEO and he did the PICS check through a Laptop, which I’ve never seen before. Every firearm I have purchased that had to go through PICS has been over the phone and approved in minutes. Would this also have anything to do with it being placed on research? This happened on October 12th, so I’ve been waiting for a call from the shop for about 8 days now. Even though I’ve been informed it can take up to 15 days.
    Last edited by iCCaRPG; October 20th, 2019 at 05:01 PM.