Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Carry in Branson MO

The wife and I went to Branson last week. We drove from Florida and I CCed the entire trip through GA, AL, MS, AR, TN, KY, MO.
    The only place I could not carry was on the Branson Scenic Railway. On line before boarding the conductor announced no weapons, "If you are packing, put it in the car". A bunch of folks turned around and headed for their cars. MOST OF THEM WOMEN.

We shopped at a few leather goods stores. The most prominent item advertised was carry purses.
    A few of the theaters had no gun signs that were hard to see. I only really saw them on the way out. (signs do not have weight of law anyway)

We saw four shows. At each, veterans were honored and at one we stood for the Pledge of Allegiance.

A funny comment made by one of the performers. Several shows had audience participation portions. The gift for the guinea pig was usually a ticket for the car wash in town. He was talking up how good the car wash was. He said they have no touch lanes and touch lanes (no touch uses water jets only and no brushes). As an after thought he added. The touch lanes are for Joe Biden. Not a single boo was heard over the laughter. Lots of Trump 2020 hats, MAGA hats, veteran hats. Visiting true middle America is an eye opener after living in NJ, and even PA and FL. All news anchors and Hollywood elites should be forced to spend a few days to see what the country is really like.

Best show was "SIX" if you are planning a trip. Six brothers doing A Capella tunes. Funny and high quality.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Carry in Branson MO

Since it is very easy to see which cars likely contain a gun, is there security guarding the parking lot?
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post
    The only place I could not carry was on the Branson Scenic Railway. On line before boarding the conductor announced no weapons, "If you are packing, put it in the car". A bunch of folks turned around and headed for their cars. MOST OF THEM WOMEN.
    Was that backed up by law? Or you just didn't want to "pretend you didn't hear"?

Glad you had a great trip!

(Dauphin County)

Sounds like a great vacation.

Is there a pat-down or metal detectors to ride the scenic railway? If not....I'm not walking back to the car, for the reason Bang suggested.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Montgomery County)

My dad says Branson is like Las Vegas.......IF it were run by Ned Flanders.....

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Was that backed up by law? Or you just didn't want to "pretend you didn't hear"?

Glad you had a great trip!
    Its a gray area. Carry is not permitted on buses and metro trains. Must be in a checked bag. (there is a bill pending that might change that) However, this is a private train used as an attraction BUT they use rail belonging to the Missouri and Northern Arkansas Railroad.
    As long as they asked and it was not just a sign, I figured the trespass loophole would apply.

@Rock-it3 "Is there a pat-down or metal detectors to ride the scenic railway?"

They did search pocketbooks and other carry ons but did not do pat downs. No metal detector.