Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lebanon County)

Default Jonestown Fish & Game fall block shoot

It's that time of year again, we will be holding our famous "Fall Block Shoot" on November 3, 2019. Doors open at 12:00 noon and the shooting will start by 1:00, (We will start earlier if we have enough shooters signed up to justify starting earlier).
    We've tried to make it easy to remember when our block shoots are bu using the dates of Daylight Saving Time for the dates of our shoots. Our 2019 fall shoot will be on the first day of "Standard Time" so if you remember to set your clocks back an hour you should also remember that you can mark your calendar for our event. Our Spring 2020 shoot will be on March 8, 2020, (The first day of Daylight Saving Time) and our Fall 2020 Block Shoot will be November 1, 2020. We also added a third block shoot to our annual list of events. This year it was on June 29, 2019. We picked that date because it was the last weekend before Independence day and our prize packages were geared toward a holiday cookout or picnic. We had prizes that included combinations of steaks, ground beef, sausage and hot dogs. The Summer shoot went over well and we will probably repeat it again in 2020 on the weekend before Memorial day. which will be June 28, 2020. Our Block Shoots are our primary fund raising events to provide for maintenance and expenses to keep our club operating and also to help provide funding for the eventual construction of a new clubhouse. We always throw in a few "Money Shoots" for cash prizes, the amount of cash awarded is determined by the number of participants. (We've never had a winner walk away disappointed).
    Our monthly meeting will be be at 5:00 on that day. (We usually have our monthly meeting on the second Sunday of the month, but for the sake of convenience the meeting will be moved to the day of the block shoot.
    We are accepting new members !! The application process is short, quick and simple. You do need to be present at a meeting to be accepted as a new member. The cost of membership is only $30.00 and renewal for a member is $25.00, BUT that will be increasing next year at this time to $35.00 to join and $30.00 to renew. Even with the increase we are still the "cheapest game in town" (as far as we know).
    Any members here who have been to one of our block shoots please feel free to tell everyone what you thought of our hospitality and quality of our prizes.
    scan0001.jpg

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

(Clinton County)

Default Re: Jonestown Fish & Game fall block shoot

This is an absolutely AWESOME time! I've made the 2.5hr trip 3 times now just to spend the day with a great group of guys and gals. And the ham and bean soup is great too! Don't think I'll make it this time around but I'll be wishing I was there and thinking about y'all! Good luck to everyone and hope it's a great turnout.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    This is an absolutely AWESOME time! I've made the 2.5hr trip 3 times now just to spend the day with a great group of guys and gals. And the ham and bean soup is great too! Don't think I'll make it this time around but I'll be wishing I was there and thinking about y'all! Good luck to everyone and hope it's a great turnout.
    Thank you Mr_G. We're going to miss you and your family, but that will leave more meat for someone else to win. You've been here 3 times and I remember you leaving as winners more than once. Have you left empty handed yet? It's been a pleasure to have you and your family at our events and we hope to be seeing you again in the future. (Our next block shoot will be March 8, 2020, same time, same location. And for future reference our next Fall block shoot will be November 1, 2020. If it seems like there's a pattern, there is, we hold our shoots on the Sundays that mark the beginning and end of Daylight Saving Time.) We will hold our monthly club meeting right after the block shoot this time, it's scheduled for 5:00, the shoots usually wrap up around 4:30, that gives us a chance to clean up and organize before we fet into the meeting. Our meetings usually last less than an hour, typically about 40 minutes. We do have memberships available and attendance at a meeting is required to be admitted as a new member).
    Last edited by mauser; November 2nd, 2019 at 12:31 PM.

(Montgomery County)

House guns available for those of us that do not own shotguns?

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhra View Post
    House guns available for those of us that do not own shotguns?
    No, there are no "house guns" available, but there are always a few people who are willing to let people borrow a gun for a shoot or two. There is no need to miss out out on the fun because you don't have a gun, (unless someone doesn't have a gun because they are a prohibited person, then they can't even hold a gun, much less fire it). I don't know of anyone who would lend a gun to a prohibited person even for one shot at an event such as ours.