Default pafoa and pa open carry publicity

seems a few of you were quoted, thought a few may like to read this:

http://www.publicopiniononline.com/l...ws/ci_10731673

Rotz leads gun-rights activists in support of Hain
    Public Opinion Online

Click photo to enlarge

By ANDREA JOHNSON

Lebanon Daily News staff writer

Gun-rights activists who traveled to Lebanon Tuesday from as far away as Pittsburgh in support of Second Amendment poster girl Meleanie Hain said it was worth the trip.

A group of two dozen supporters applauded and cheered when Lebanon County President Judge Robert J. Eby announced Tuesday his decision to restore Meleanie Hain's concealed-weapons permit during a hearing at the Lebanon municipal building.

"I wasn't surprised," 37-year-old Greg Rotz of Chambersburg said of Eby's ruling.

Rotz organized the gathering of advocates who support the open carrying of handguns as a peaceful show of support for Hain.

Rotz faced similar charges after he wore a sidearm to his voting precinct on Election Day last November, later receiving a letter from the Franklin County sheriff demanding that he turn over his handgun.

He appealed the decision and was vindicated in January when a judge threw out the case.

On Tuesday in support of Hain, there were no signs or loud protests outside the courthouse. Instead, supporters merely carried their guns openly as the law permits. Dozens of people wore pins that read: "I support Meleanie Hain. Enforce the law, not personal opinion."

County Sheriff Mike DeLeo revoked Hain's concealed-weapons permit after parents complained about her openly wearing her gun to her 5-year-old daughter's soccer game last month. Hain appealed, prompting Tuesday's hearing.
    Advertisement

During Tuesday's testimony, Rotz said that when DeLeo was asked at what point he thought Hain was dangerous while wearing the gun at the soccer game, he "didn't seem to want to answer questions directly. ... It seemed like the sheriff didn't want to commit to facts that justified his actions."

Rotz, who carries a .45-caliber handgun "over 90 percent of the time," was joined by Rich Banks, founder of the Web site paopencarry.org, who traveled to Lebanon from Mountaintop in Luzerne County.

"I see a lot of people who react to open carry the way they'd react to anything that's new," Banks said. "I think that was what we were dealing with at the soccer game. Hopefully, people have a better understanding of it."

Banks said Eby concluded that the case wasn't an issue of what is legal, but whether Hain posed a safety risk to the public.

"He didn't think Hain was a danger to the public safety," Banks said.

Erik Paul of North Lebanon Township said he was happy with the judge's ruling.

"Eby could not have put it better," Paul said. "I wouldn't personally have carried it openly to a kids' soccer game, but the law doesn't differentiate where you can and can't carry. It just says the rights of citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves shall not be questioned. ... I like when he (Eby) said 'we are not enemies.'"

Another open-carry advocate, Jim Fellner of Hanover, said there was no due process for revocation of Hain's permit.

"I think (DeLeo) was just trying to make a statement. I think he was trying to make an example out of her. I've never had issues in Hanover," Fellner said.

Bob Hlavaty of Lebanon echoed Fellner's opinion and said he believes the revocation of Hain's permit was "half political."

"I believe the sheriff had to do something and didn't know what to do," he said.

Andrew Koch of Pittsburgh said he drove four hours to show his support for Hain. Koch, who carries a Glock 22, said he has never had to use his handgun, but believes that by wearing it in a holster he did prevent two potential incidents from occurring.

"I live in one of the worst areas of Pittsburgh and there were, for lack of a better word, gangbangers who came into a store. I turned my strong side toward them and their eyes got real big, and they left," Koch said.

Turning to Tuesday's ruling in favor of Hain, he said, "It's a matter of every little encroachment on our freedom. Confiscating weapons is a dangerous thing."

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: pafoa and pa open carry publicity

Way to go, guys! Nice article!

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Allegheny County)

very nice article , great find!!

‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’

— James Earl Jones

(Lehigh County)

Gun-rights activists who traveled to Lebanon Tuesday from as far away as Pittsburgh in support of Second Amendment poster girl Meleanie Hain said it was worth the trip.
    So when does the calendar come out?

/don't forget those pasties!

(Delaware County)

good job, folks.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Bedford County)

Glad to hear this came out alright !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"