Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Retired cop/vet guns taken due to waitress wrongly overhearing his conversation

Well folks this must be what the Germans went through when hitler took over. Speak up now or forever hold your peace.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Chester County)

Default Re: Retired cop/vet guns taken due to waitress wrongly overhearing his conversation

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    In that conversation, Nichols told a friend that someone could “shoot up the school” in that officer’s absence.
    The fact that he’s a retired cop/veteran is irrelevant. However, the media love to include that angle to make the story more sensational... and outrageous, (i.e., how dare they treat a retired cop/veteran like that!).

Bottom line... that was a stupid thing to say. Nevertheless, LE should just interview the guy, tell him to stop saying stupid shit and then send him on his way.
    Last edited by JAKIII; October 18th, 2019 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Spelling

(Allegheny County)

I guess I can't say what I REALLY want to say about every single person involved in the raping of this good man's freedom and character.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lancaster County)

Hate to be the devil's advocate here, But... the words "shoot up a school" should probably not exit one's mouth when around people you do not know and especially public places that could have cameras and or any monitoring devices (and mindless eavesdropping people ). I, in my youth was quite a wise cracker and would throw out some non politically correct adlibs at times, no longer in this political climate, even when it may generate a good laugh, I just keep the thought to myself. Situational awareness is more than just detecting a physical threat....red flags ring a bell ?

(Allegheny County)

You know, if he was joking about shooting up a school, sure, that wouldn't be so wise, but all he was doing is talking. Talking.

He said something that makes perfect sense - no threat existed - he stated a fact. He wasn't goofing around, he was simply voicing his concern over something that could happen due to someone "leaving his post".

He did nothing wrong. He said nothing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    Sue everbody possible,seek out the blabbermouth waitress,sue her too and pressure her employer into firing her ass!
    One of the least credible people is a diner waitress. She could be pissed over lousy tip on a previous visit.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Montgomery County)

What constitutes a crime that is severe enough to warrant the suspension or cancellation of a citizen's Civil Rights?

It used to be that you went before a judge and were adjudicated a credible threat to yourself or others.
    That was the dividing line that prevented arbitrary police state tactics against law abiding citizens.

When you institute "Red Flag Laws" and all the thinking that goes along with that, there is zero due process of law, zero boundaries, everything becomes subjective.
    Everyone that knows this guy says that his firing and the confiscation of his guns was outrageous and unjustified.

The Bill of Rights is supposed to protect American citizens from secret informants who make unjustified claims that result in your rights being stripped from you.
    Today it was a misheard conversation, tomorrow it will be an "offensive" statement, the next day it will be gun ownership, and finally it will be anyone that dares to think for themselves.

Red Flag Laws are the last line in the sand between a lawful government and Nazi Germany style Fascism.
    Even people that are not gun owners need to realize that Red Flag Laws strip away the final protection Americans have against totalitarianism.

This man had his Constitutionally protected Civil Rights taken from him based on a whisper, and now he must spend thousands of dollars to get his Civil Rights restored.
    If he does not have thousands of dollars to pay for his legal fees he will never get his Civil Rights restored.

This is the polar opposite of the presumption of innocence that is protected by the Bill of Rights, and the polar opposite of the burden of proof being on the state.
    -
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Chester County)

Try saying “bomb” on an airplane... it won’t end well for you.

Don’t say stupid shit... it’s the “new normal” world we live in.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Try saying “bomb” on an airplane. Same thing... won’t end well for you.
    When everywhere becomes an airplane, there is a problem.
    This boils down to fear of secret informants controlling free thought and free speech.

This man didn't threaten anyone, he was having a normal conversation in a public space.
    This was shop talk, no different than two off duty cops discussing their situational response while eating in a diner.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Try saying “bomb” on an airplane. Same thing... won’t end well for you.
    No. Not even remotely the same situation and you know that.

Funny story:
    Young guy I worked with YEARS ago tells of sitting in the airport in Miami.
    Delay after delay, everyone is getting pissed, children crying, generally everyone is getting on each other's nerves.
    He says that some guy starts speaking loudly - complaining - and asks the crowd "Where's this plane GOING, anyway?"
    My friend snaps, jumps onto his chair and shouts at the guy, "THIS PLANE'S GOING TO CUBA!"

They didn't make their plane. He and his mom were taken to the back rooms and interrogated before being let go.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast