Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Centre County)

Default Re: 01 Dealer question about out of state shows

As Rosco said, you can log out any number of firearms to different FFLs on the same day, it's not really odd for the compliance inspector to see those types of entries. The ATF just wants to see that they are logged in and out of your A/D correctly. Selling to, or buying from another FFL at an out of state gun show is not an out of the ordinary thing and it's really not all that uncommon. Also, you can put notes in the entry explaining why if you want (but you don't HAVE to).

Are doing out of state shows really worth it? Probably not unless you have some real unique firearms that will bring in good money. In my case it was because I was at the gun shows for other reasons (I belong to the Ruger Owners and Collectors Society and the Ruger Collectors Association and we get invited to a lot of shows around the US to display our collections so some times I will pay for a trade table to try to sell off some stuff that might not be moving in my shop). That said, you also have to abide by the revenue and tax laws of the state when you are going sell at a show. In Ohio for example, if you are going to set up at a gun show, you have to register with the state and collect and remit the sales tax to that state.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Washington County)

Join this private forum for FFL's. It's an active forum. Lots of great information.

https://www.fflsonly.com
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    Join this private forum for FFL's. It's an active forum. Lots of great information.

https://www.fflsonly.com
    will do that today! thanks so much!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12