Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default 01 Dealer question about out of state shows

Being relatively new to the 01 side of things (less than a year) combined with the ever changing rules and laws not only within the ATF but also through interstate transactions, i have a question. During very recent inspections, several of my 01 dealer friends have been told by agents that they cannot sell in out of state venues, any firearm that was not transferred prior to the show date to an 01 or equivalent, seller within the "out of state" area. meaning, that since my business is based in PA, i cannot sell any firearm at a Maryland show unless it is transferred to a maryland based dealer and they then do the sale. It has also been explained by the agents, that i cannot sell any firearms at an out of state venue, and that i could only take orders for them by taking the cash from the buyer, and then shipping said firearm (when i return home from the show) to the dealer they choose within their own state. If i wish to sell a firearm at the show, i would have to transfer my inventory to a dealer prior to the show and when the show was over, i had to then take possession of my remaining inventory and log it back in to my books when i get home. Ive checked into this with several different FFL holders to include some from other states and some say that is correct, while others have no clue what im even talking about (but they have not been inspected in a very long time). I'm wondering what dealers are doing in order to do shows outside of PA. there are several great shows that i could do and would do well, but the interstate trade rules are going to put a huge damper on those plans.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: 01 Dealer question about out of state shows

Please don't cross post.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.