Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Company email: Workplace Violence Acive Shooter Training

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Its the new trendy corporate #pretenditsnotbullshit team building #giantkickbackscheme
    Yep that's why when they said run, fight hide I just left. Hahaha

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    RUN-HIDE-FIGHT is the best in class standard for an internal threat anywhere, other than your own home.
    Quote Originally Posted by sakustoms View Post
    Yep that's why when they said run, fight hide I just left. Hahaha
    No one says run, fight, hide... you’re confused on the basic option order, so I understand why you left.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Its the new trendy corporate #pretenditsnotbullshit team building #giantkickbackscheme
    Totally missed your reply. We had another one last week but this time I was lazy and it was cold out so I simply stayed in my office and continued to peruse poofa.

No sense getting up from my comfy chair when I don't need to. lol

(Chester County)

Totally missed your reply. We had another one last week but this time I was lazy and it was cold out so I simply stayed in my office and continued to peruse poofa.

No sense getting up from my comfy chair when I don't need to. lol
    Perhaps you confused the event with a fire drill?

No one should be required to evacuate a building when practicing an internal threat exercise. Even in an actual event, your best option might be to shelter in place.

(Lehigh County)

Perhaps you confused the event with a fire drill?

No one should be required to evacuate a building when practicing an internal threat exercise. Even in an actual event, your best option might be to shelter in place.
    No this was definitely a run, fight hide drill. I just simply choose to hide. And by hide I mean stay at my desk and do nothing about it.

We had a fire drill the other day and I was the last person out of the building. I grabbed my laptop bag and got in my car and left. LOL

(Chester County)

No this was definitely a run, fight hide drill. I just simply choose to hide. And by hide I mean stay at my desk and do nothing about it.

We had a fire drill the other day and I was the last person out of the building. I grabbed my laptop bag and got in my car and left. LOL
    A model employee, you are... too cool for school.

(Lehigh County)

A model employee, you are... too cool for school.
    Yup that's me. These fire/RHF drills happen at least once a month or more. I suppose you are cool with stopping your work day to walk out of the building only to be told all clear go back in. Yes that's literally what happens. I leave my office, walk down the hall and out the door. Stand there for less than a minute and then someone comes on the speakers outside and says all clear, go back to what you were doing.

I suppose not packing up and running outside as fast as possible is not being a model employee. I work in different buildings throughout the day so I see this as an opportunity to pack up and go work on something else. I'll try to do better in the future though.

I'd rather take my chances with going out the nearest exit muy rapido!. A shooter on the inside can't cover every exit.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    I'd rather take my chances with going out the nearest exit muy rapido!. A shooter on the inside can't cover every exit.
    Totally agree but in this situation they announce that this is a fire drill or a RHF drill beforehand. If they simply came over the loud speaker and said there is a shooter in the building I would haul ass out of there as fast as possible and get in my car and leave.

(Chester County)

Yup that's me. These fire/RHF drills happen at least once a month or more. I suppose you are cool with stopping your work day to walk out of the building only to be told all clear go back in. Yes that's literally what happens. I leave my office, walk down the hall and out the door. Stand there for less than a minute and then someone comes on the speakers outside and says all clear, go back to what you were doing.

I suppose not packing up and running outside as fast as possible is not being a model employee. I work in different buildings throughout the day so I see this as an opportunity to pack up and go work on something else. I'll try to do better in the future though.
    Most insurers require companies/corporate landlords for leased buildings to conduct fire drills annually, so I don*t understand the *once a month or more* comment? Quite naturally, a company loses profitability every time employees are NOT working, certainly your stellar performance notwithstanding.

However, most fire drills are scheduled during fair weather months for obvious reasons, because a fire drill necessitates a building evacuation, (i.e., lost profitability). If it rains, fire drills are usually rescheduled, because employees should not be forced to stand in the rain for a drill. It*s always prudent to take your laptop and car keys with you, because in the event of an actual smoke/fire situation you are not getting back into the building any time soon.

Internal threat drills are usually conducted annually as well, but are different, because your run, hide, fight options are contingent on the threat intel you receive. For example, if the threat (shooter) is in the parking lot, then it would be prudent to shelter-in-place, (i.e., hide/lock yourself in an office).

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast