Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: A Lot Of Roadkill And Question

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    Well I saw 2 racks this morning that I could have grabbed if I was unscrupulous.
    And as soon as you started cutting the rack off the game officer will pop out of his hiding place and arrest you! Now if you started field dressing it, maybe not so much, as that is what you might do if you planned on eating it.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Berks County)

I would never do that. It's just that this was a strange occurrence to see 2 so close.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Monroe County)

From the PGC:

CONSUMPTION PERMITS for deer and turkey only: Residents can pick up deer and turkey only for consumption purposes and must obtain a permit within 24 hours. Consumption permits are issued from region offices. Call the region office that serves the county where the animal is located, directly. Region office contact information can be found below.
    It's a easy call they give you a # to give a processor or LEO as needed. Did it last year when one was hit at my job at a dealership. Kind of funny- boss comes in asks if I want a deer- yea, ok it's sitting by the new F-150s the popo just put it down. Tiny doe but other then the 9mm hole I had to search hard to find but in great shape.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Berks County)

My goal is top knock my own down and eat that meat. Not someones else s misfortune ha ha!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Berks County)

I want to know if a roadkill goes against your license quota.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Well I saw 2 racks this morning that I could have grabbed if I was unscrupulous.
    Last time I tried to grab 2 racks I saw in morning i got slapped upside the head.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I want to know if a roadkill goes against your license quota.
    There is no license quota, except for antlered deer. You get one antlered tag and as many doe and DMAP tags as you are willing to pay for, depending on the WMU and availability. Roadkill tag won't count against your antlered tag. You can get a roadkill tag without being a licensed hunter.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

It's legal to take road kill. Just call the PGC and report it. I got a fresh kill doe that way. It got hit and was injured. A state trooper shot it to end it's misery. I watched it go down. I loaded it my car and called the PGC. They gave me a road kill tag number. I got the back straps and hind quarters off of it. The front quarters were damaged.

The bucks are out of their bachelor groups. Some friends have witnessed some light "chasing" behavior in younger bucks. I have a few photos of a few bucks sparing. They are not in full on idiot mode quite yet. We still have a few more weeks, but those things above with multiple roadkill bucks let us know the rut is just around the corner. Best time to enjoy the deer woods.

(Bucks County)

If I see a BIG rack on a deer on the side of the road, I stop and take a selfie with it! I used to work with a bunch of guys that only saw each other once, sometimes twice a year. Goofy stuff like that is how we kept morale high, and it kept the office people from wanting to come out and visit/observe our work.
    Good times! Now, we just make fun of my trainee for hitting bridges and chopping holes in oxygen lines at hospitals. Today, I met one of my trainees at an Applebee’s in south Jersey, and had an ‘official counseling session’ and meal. Real serious counseling, and then we ate, and just about the time I was getting ready to leave, he asked if I was writing him up. “ oh shit, thanks for reminding me!” I grabbed a napkin and wrote, “ stop being so gullible!”
    I enjoy the hell out of screwing with people!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12