Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Sig Sauer P225A1

I broke down and plunked down a considerable amount of greenbacks and bought the current version of the Sig Sauer P225A1. It is an 8 shot single stack. It comes with 2 magazines. It has a 3.6 inch barrel and it can carry comfortably in an inside the waistband holster. I bought it at TSS in Avondale. I ordered it from their website and it shipped to their store in 3 days. I picked it up last Tuesday and had to pay state sales tax and a $10 shipping fee. No transfer fee. I was in and out of the store in about 30 minutes. PICS usually takes about 10-15 minutes for me. After I locked it up in my car safe I went to Perkins Pancake House next door and had a great dinner.

I came back to TSS's range on Thursday to shoot the pistol. The pistol shot everything I brought with me. 115 fmj white box, 124 fmj Winchester Nato, 115 Jhp Winchester, 124 jhp Remington Golden Saber and 124 jhp Magtech. I ran about 200 rounds through it with no stoppages or malfunctions. The pistol itself is very accurate and the SRT (Short Reclick trigger) takes a little getting used to but that what practice and training is for. All in all a very nice pistol and it has all the same controls as my MK25 and P220 which makes it a lot easier for me since I've trained all these past years on the DA/SA trigger.

Here's some pictures and size comparison with the Beast (MK25).

Last edited by JenniferG; October 14th, 2019 at 10:57 PM.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Chester County)

Default Re: Sig Sauer P225A1

They’re awesome guns. I really like the SRT triggers over the original.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Montgomery County)

Looks great! Congrats.

New carry piece or just for fun?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Looks great! Congrats.

New carry piece or just for fun?
    Winter carry piece. It's a bit larger than my now carry piece Beretta Nano but this Sig is much more accurate and has a much better trigger.

(Montgomery County)

I have its older brother, the P6. Picked one up years ago for a song, and as you say, carries easily and is accurate Dave_n

(Chester County)

Sig combined all the updates that were done to the P239 and the original P6 225 to come up with P225A1.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_n View Post
    I have its older brother, the P6. Picked one up years ago for a song, and as you say, carries easily and is accurate Dave_n
    Still mad at myself for not picking up one of those Swiss police trade ins from Weidner's.

(Lancaster County)

I had been watching for one to grab a couple of years ago. Intended to add a threaded barrel and suppressor sights. Found a CPO with the barrel and sights for a really good price and grabbed it. The P225 is probably the most comfortable firearm in my hand. Just feels perfect. One day I called Sig to see if they would be allowed/able to tell me the history of the CPO. Turns out is was one of their marketing departments firearms. CS could not say exactly how it was used, but normally they were used in displays in the factory/offices or Academy store, used for photos, or used for other types of displays. Other than the factory rounds, I was the first to ever shoot it. Got virtually a brand new one for a CPO price. Doubt that would ever happen to me again.

Love shooting it. As I say, it fits my hand better than any other firearm I have owned. About the size of the P229, but a bit thinner. Very accurate for me. Great gun!