Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 GEN 5

Default Glock 26 GEN 5

So I’m wanting a Glock 26 for carry. I’m getting a little older and struggle to carry my 19 at times kind of a PITA...literally. So my curiosity is what everyone thinks about the GEN 5? I’m not a fan of the ambi slide stop cause it hits my finger when I exercise trigger discipline but otherwise I know not much about them other than it’s a Glock. Whatcha got

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Glock 26 GEN 5

I have one and like it. I use the 12 round pmag in it most often, 27 rounder for reload. 40 rounds of 9mm in an easy to live with arrangement? Yes.

Gen5 feels better to me than 4. Trigger feels nicer stock for stock and no more finger grooves. Not the crazy jump for me that it was from 3 to 4 though. I sold off gen3s to get gen4s. I'm not about to dump everything in similar fashion but I'll buy gen5s going forward.

Personally speaking there was little to know difference in carrying the 26 vs the 19 for me. What I did see a difference in was shoot ability and accuracy in my hands. You want comfort then check out the 43 or 43X. Night and day vs the double stack fat body 26.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Personally speaking there was little to know difference in carrying the 26 vs the 19 for me. What I did see a difference in was shoot ability and accuracy in my hands. You want comfort then check out the 43 or 43X. Night and day vs the double stack fat body 26.
    I want to stay double stack. I had a shield and a 43 and sold them both to get more capacity. For sure easier to carry tho

I can't see the point of buying a gun that's only 1/4 thinner with a lot less capacity. With the +2 extension the 26 holds 13 rounds compared to 7 in a 43.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    I can't see the point of buying a gun that's only 1/4 thinner with a lot less capacity. With the +2 extension the 26 holds 13 rounds compared to 7 in a 43.
    Your same statement can be easily applied to the 19 vs 26 also. Why bother since they pretty much carry with the same level of comfort and if your going to go plus 2 in the 26 then just go 15 in the 19 right?

Regardless of the small difference in dimensions there is a huge difference in the way they carry plain and simple. With a plus 2 ext the 43 can hold 9 if you want to go that route. The 43x goes 10 and still carries better then the 26/19 models when it comes to concealing and comfort. I have or have had them all and choose the 43.

OP agrees but wants capacity and that’s cool. Been there done that and found that all day comfort was more useful and important to me then an extra round or two in the mag which I carry a spare of. We all have different needs and lucky for us Glock makes something for us all.

(Chester County)

Personally, I’d look into the Glock 48. Still get a 4” barrel and 10 rounds in a very compact package.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

Your same statement can be easily applied to the 19 vs 26 also. Why bother since they pretty much carry with the same level of comfort and if your going to go plus 2 in the 26 then just go 15 in the 19 right?

Regardless of the small difference in dimensions there is a huge difference in the way they carry plain and simple. With a plus 2 ext the 43 can hold 9 if you want to go that route. The 43x goes 10 and still carries better then the 26/19 models when it comes to concealing and comfort. I have or have had them all and choose the 43.

OP agrees but wants capacity and that’s cool. Been there done that and found that all day comfort was more useful and important to me then an extra round or two in the mag which I carry a spare of. We all have different needs and lucky for us Glock makes something for us all.
    Also the g26 can take the mags for my g19 if I so choose to and this is a good reason I’m looking into it. I think the 43 is a great gun and carded it much more than my shield but at the end of the day I think the best choice for me is the 26 and you’re right Glock makes something for everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    Personally, I’d look into the Glock 48. Still get a 4” barrel and 10 rounds in a very compact package.

I don’t think it’s very compact it’s slim but for something only holding 10 it’s big. Look at the PPQ sc or the VP9sc they hold same/similar capacity and are bigger than a 26 so the 48 is in that category to me.

(Montgomery County)

To jump on the bandwagon of something more easily carried, there's also the P365 or P365 XL, or the Glock 48... that 1/4" really helps! And with today's modern offerings you're not losing much. Yea a 17+ round reload is nice for a double stack don't get me wrong, but being realistic there's very little chance a citizen involved shooting will require that many rounds.

However the 26 is still a great option. If you don't want the ambi slide lock/release, just grab the Gen4. You'll probably save a few bucks. And to buck the trend, I think the Gen4 trigger is better than the Gen5 (the one example of each I've tried)....

A note for using the Magpul magazines. There's been reports that they don't work well in Gen5 G26s due to the ambi slide lock/release interfering and causing full magazine slide lock issues. They're typically flawless with Gen4 and below, so it seems to be isolated to Gen5. Just make sure you test before you carry, or stick with Glock factory mags. I will say, the grip interface of the Magpul 12 rounders is nice in a G26. Maybe another reason to go Gen4....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast