Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
To jump on the bandwagon of something more easily carried, there's also the P365 or P365 XL, or the Glock 48... that 1/4" really helps! And with today's modern offerings you're not losing much. Yea a 17+ round reload is nice for a double stack don't get me wrong, but being realistic there's very little chance a citizen involved shooting will require that many rounds.

However the 26 is still a great option. If you don't want the ambi slide lock/release, just grab the Gen4. You'll probably save a few bucks. And to buck the trend, I think the Gen4 trigger is better than the Gen5 (the one example of each I've tried)....

A note for using the Magpul magazines. There's been reports that they don't work well in Gen5 G26s due to the ambi slide lock/release interfering and causing full magazine slide lock issues. They're typically flawless with Gen4 and below, so it seems to be isolated to Gen5. Just make sure you test before you carry, or stick with Glock factory mags. I will say, the grip interface of the Magpul 12 rounders is nice in a G26. Maybe another reason to go Gen4....

They were completely unreliable in my Gen3 G26 either, and weren't all that impressive in my Glock 17 either. With OEM Glock double stack mags for $19.00 it's really a non issue for me.