Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock 26 GEN 5

Default Re: Glock 26 GEN 5

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    To jump on the bandwagon of something more easily carried, there's also the P365 or P365 XL, or the Glock 48... that 1/4" really helps! And with today's modern offerings you're not losing much. Yea a 17+ round reload is nice for a double stack don't get me wrong, but being realistic there's very little chance a citizen involved shooting will require that many rounds.

However the 26 is still a great option. If you don't want the ambi slide lock/release, just grab the Gen4. You'll probably save a few bucks. And to buck the trend, I think the Gen4 trigger is better than the Gen5 (the one example of each I've tried)....

A note for using the Magpul magazines. There's been reports that they don't work well in Gen5 G26s due to the ambi slide lock/release interfering and causing full magazine slide lock issues. They're typically flawless with Gen4 and below, so it seems to be isolated to Gen5. Just make sure you test before you carry, or stick with Glock factory mags. I will say, the grip interface of the Magpul 12 rounders is nice in a G26. Maybe another reason to go Gen4....

They were completely unreliable in my Gen3 G26 either, and weren't all that impressive in my Glock 17 either. With OEM Glock double stack mags for $19.00 it's really a non issue for me.

(Allegheny County)

A buddy of mine picked up a Gen 5 Glock 26 earlier this year, he likes it a lot. My wife switched to the Glock 26 in 2005, she has EDCed it since then, over 15,000 rounds through it. She loves the Gen 3 version, fits her hands perfectly.

I have never liked the 26 - the reason, the rear grip hump. I EDC a Glock 19. I have shot the Gen 2.5 & Gen 3 26s, I have owned a Gen 4, and I have shot my buddy's Gen 5. The Gen 4 and Gen 5 with the smallest grip option are better for me, but still not enough for me to like the 26. Last year I ran across a Gen 3 Glock 26 that had a grip reduction and stippling job at Keystone Shooting Center. The grip felt perfect, I rented it and after shooting it, bought it. First and only Glock 26 that I have ever really liked.

If I was mandated to carry a Glock 26 and I was given the choice of which standard factory one I could buy, I would most likely buy the Gen 5 Front Serrations model.

Its good to have options.

Regarding Magpul mags, I have used them in my 19s and my 26s - 100% reliable with several thousand rounds through 3 of each model. My buddy has also been using the 12 round Magpul Glock 26 mags in his Gen 5 26 without any issue.

OP,
    Good luck with your decision.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

I just got back from mechanicsburg ordnance and got a screaming deal on a gen 4 g26. It is used but very lightly and a crossbreed holster. I think he’s the best shop in the center state

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    I just got back from mechanicsburg ordnance and got a screaming deal on a gen 4 g26. It is used but very lightly and a crossbreed holster. I think he’s the best shop in the center state
    Awesome, congrats!

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Your same statement can be easily applied to the 19 vs 26 also. Why bother since they pretty much carry with the same level of comfort and if your going to go plus 2 in the 26 then just go 15 in the 19 right?

Regardless of the small difference in dimensions there is a huge difference in the way they carry plain and simple. With a plus 2 ext the 43 can hold 9 if you want to go that route. The 43x goes 10 and still carries better then the 26/19 models when it comes to concealing and comfort. I have or have had them all and choose the 43.

OP agrees but wants capacity and that’s cool. Been there done that and found that all day comfort was more useful and important to me then an extra round or two in the mag which I carry a spare of. We all have different needs and lucky for us Glock makes something for us all.
    GRIP HEIGHT. The only part that protrudes above the beltline is the grip. 19 prints big time when im wearing a tshirt and i bend....26 even with Magpul 12s does not. Moot since I traded on a p365, but I was never comfortable carrying my 19 when trying to conceal.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    Great!

I’m still rocking gen 3s, 26 and 19. I loved the gen 5s as soon as they were released. I wanted to wait a little while to let all of the bugs get ironed out. Trying to get the dinero together to jump on the gen 5 bandwagon during this years Black Friday season.

(Allegheny County)

I have one and like it. I use the 12 round pmag in it most often, 27 rounder for reload. 40 rounds of 9mm in an easy to live with arrangement? Yes.

Gen5 feels better to me than 4. Trigger feels nicer stock for stock and no more finger grooves. Not the crazy jump for me that it was from 3 to 4 though. I sold off gen3s to get gen4s. I'm not about to dump everything in similar fashion but I'll buy gen5s going forward.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by fjooeiks View Post
    I have one and like it. I use the 12 round pmag in it most often, 27 rounder for reload. 40 rounds of 9mm in an easy to live with arrangement? Yes.

Gen5 feels better to me than 4. Trigger feels nicer stock for stock and no more finger grooves. Not the crazy jump for me that it was from 3 to 4 though. I sold off gen3s to get gen4s. I'm not about to dump everything in similar fashion but I'll buy gen5s going forward.
    I think you were quoting me and the rest didn't post...

(Lehigh County)

I have both the 26 and the 43. The 43 is slimmer and wears easier. While it may only be a "1/4" slimmer" it sure feels like a lot slimmer and lighter when it's on my body. The 43 is also lighter and that is a huge plus for me.

I was looking around for something as light as possible in effective caliber for quite some time. I tried a ruger LCP and had to return it to the factory for misfeeds (they replaced the barrel and slide). I'm going to sell it one of these days. So, eventually I settled upon the G43, right around the lightest possible gun that was also absolutely dependable.

I did carry the 26 as well, but it just feels heavy and "clunky" to me. Which is why it is now the bedside gun.

I also love to pocket carry the Smith 642, and nothing beats that gun for instant grip and draw capability while pocket carrying. No semi can compare. In my opinion, you shouldn't pocket carry a semi at all, since you cannot get instant grip and draw on it anyhow.

Now the original poster wanted to know about the 26 instead of his carry gun, the 19. I'd say yes, it would conceal easier with the short grip and reduced weight. However, I'd like to NOT respond appropriately to his question, and say he should be getting the G43 instead. Who cares about 4 rounds less? The gun is lighter and wears better and that is a huge improvement. The 43x is super nice to hold in your hand, but why carry that instead of a G26? (if the G43x had a rail, I'd be all in though)

There are other gun makers that make a light carry gun, but in the end, which of them can beat glock reliability, or takedown? None.

A carry gun isn't supposed to look pretty. It doesn't have to be the most accurate. It doesn't have to feel good in your hand. It must be light enough for you to want to carry it, effective, and must go bang every time.

So yes, G26 or better yet, G43.

Have not owned a Glock 26 for years,mostly the Glock 19 there was not much of a difference.My steady everyday carry is my Glock 43X, G 26 used goes for $ 275 in my area while Glock 19 goes $ 400-$425 used,Originally I have gotten deals on the G 43x which I passed to the classifieds.Highly recommend the 43X !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12