Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Sportsman’s Warehouse coming to PA!

Quote Originally Posted by spartakis252 View Post
    That’s sorta what I was thinking. But they are getting flak about being associated with Field and Stream which they are not. They just bought the physical locations.
    I normally don’t read into Facebook commentary but I was trying to find info on an opening date.
    The only "connection" mentioned in the press release (can be viewed on the website) is that they are leasing the space from Dicks, so some people want to break it down to where you are supporting Dicks if you shop at SW, because SW will be paying rent to Dickheads.

They didn't buy the stores outright.

Even I'm not going to go that far.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Tioga County)

I'd like to see the Northern Tier get some shopping options for a change. It really sucks that the closest outdoor stores are gander which is over an hour south below Williamsport and Sportsmans warehouse which is taking over the field and stream in big flats PRNY which is over an hour north.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Hmmmm...no wonder they didn't last long, I never even heard that they were there.
    Guns were priced 25% over the average LGS.

Too many good gun shops around there to deal with

(Perry County)

More importantly, it's the sign of a company that has to cut costs. I'll be very excited to see all Dick's/F&S go the way of Hechinger's.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    More importantly, it's the sign of a company that has to cut costs. I'll be very excited to see all Dick's/F&S go the way of Hechinger's.
    There's a name I haven't heard in ages.

(Beaver County)

So I stopped in the Washington store this morning and had a long-ish conversation with a manager of a out of state location, who is there temporarily to help get this store running.

The important highlights:

Sportsman’s Warehouse bought the store as is. They own everything which including the F&S products. So it currently looks like Field and Stream still and their products are everywhere BUT once it’s gone they won’t carry and F&S products.

The FFL is currently under Dicks still...which means Dicks still has control over the inventory of firearms. Which means no ARs or such yet. Once Sportsman’s Warehouse gains control of the FFL they will be stocking “all the fun stuff”.

They do have AR accessories already, including Magpul 30 and 40 rounders. And all your favorite standard capacity pistol magazine(as in Glock 17 rounder and such).

The current employees are all the former F&S employees but management is all Sportsman’s Warehouse.

(Washington County)

Sportsman’s Warehouse bought the store as is. They own everything which including the F&S products. So it currently looks like Field and Stream still and their products are everywhere BUT once it’s gone they won’t carry and F&S products.

The FFL is currently under Dicks still...which means Dicks still has control over the inventory of firearms. Which means no ARs or such yet. Once Sportsman’s Warehouse gains control of the FFL they will be stocking “all the fun stuff”.
    Well, I WAS excited to check out the store... so much for that.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    Well, I WAS excited to check out the store... so much for that.
    Yeah I kinda think they need like 4-6 weeks to get their stuff straightened out. But I do want to try to support them as much as possible consider there’s no other “box store” around.

I know most want to support LGS but some small shops don’t have the selection of peripheral items as the box stores.

(Washington County)

Yeah I kinda think they need like 4-6 weeks to get their stuff straightened out. But I do want to try to support them as much as possible consider there’s no other “box store” around.

I know most want to support LGS but some small shops don’t have the selection of peripheral items as the box stores.
    It just seems like an incredibly bad decision. How can anyone get excited to check out a new store, if it keeps the same layout and products as an existing store that you already weren't interested in? I would rather just drive the hour to the Morgantown store, which is an actual Sportsman's Warehouse. Maybe I will check out the new store in January or something. My buzz has been thoroughly killed.

(Washington County)

So I stopped in the Washington store this morning and had a long-ish conversation with a manager of a out of state location, who is there temporarily to help get this store running.

The important highlights:

They do have AR accessories already, including Magpul 30 and 40 rounders. And all your favorite standard capacity pistol magazine(as in Glock 17 rounder and such).

The current employees are all the former F&S employees but management is all Sportsman’s Warehouse.
    I popped my head in there today As well. I agree it will take a few weeks before it turns into a SW. Alot of SW management that looked excited and were happy to talk about up coming plans to expand firearm inventory to include AR-15s and the such. Alot of younger looking kids and people at register that did not look like they wanted to be a part of the new store. You could see it on their faces and attitudes.
    I'm excited and plan on going back
    every couple weeks to see how it transitions.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast