Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Fayette County)

Default Don't forget your orange...

Just a reminder to anyone archery hunting this weekend, early muzzleloader comes in so we are required to wear an orange hat and vest while moving. It can be removed once on stand, but then a 100sq" band visible 360° must be used.
    "Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive." - Elbert Hubbard

(Columbia County)

Default Re: Don't forget your orange...

Dont forget tree rats also. I will have my revenge!
    ZRT: SECTOR 3(SNIPER) Among othe tasks...

(Bucks County)

Thanks for the reminder. I would have forgotten my vest when I leave for camp tomorrow.

(Monroe County)

damnit thanks for the reminder, completely forgot... stupid ass orange. Lets hope the rifle crowd doesn't ruin it like they usually do this year
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    damnit thanks for the reminder, completely forgot... stupid ass orange. Lets hope the rifle crowd doesn't ruin it like they usually do this year
    My favorite area becomes super hard to bowhunt from the pressure it receives during this early muzz season. That's why after Saturday I usually leave that spot cool until the last week.

I have shot deer with a bow wearing orange, but for some reason I just hate having to wear it. More because it ruins the experience for me than I worry about being seen.
    "Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive." - Elbert Hubbard

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Coop650 View Post
    My favorite area becomes super hard to bowhunt from the pressure it receives during this early muzz season. That's why after Saturday I usually leave that spot cool until the last week.

I have shot deer with a bow wearing orange, but for some reason I just hate having to wear it. More because it ruins the experience for me than I worry about being seen.
    yup I agree 100%. I even hunt in areas where it really isn't safe to use a muzzle loader but sure enough they always are there driving through and pissing off the deer then they walk right through the bedding area's and drive off the deer so they can attempt a shot at a running animal...

and the orange... ugh so fricken bright!
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Fayette County)

The worst so far was last year, I heard a shot close by and shortly after an old guy walked right up to my tree stand and hollered up asking if I saw any deer come running by. I said no, and climbed down and called it a day. I mean I was hunting deer too, thanks for ruining my morning by stomping right up through my spot. Dang orange gave me away, lol.