Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Block 42 sight options

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Don't forget you can send your slide to Glock for them to install night sights for about the cost of the sights themselves from a retailer. If you strip your slide, they will put new parts in for free, so you get about $60 worth of parts too.
    I have owned 4 or 5 Glocks and never knew this.

(Franklin County)

Well I installed a set of Amariglo CAP sights and went to the range friday.
    The good, very pleased with the performance of the G42. I shot about 200 rounds, half of it was flat nose FMJ and half was Fiocchi XTP HP. The only bobble was one failure of the slide to lock back on last round, I think it's possible I had my thumb on the slide lock, not sure.
    The G42 is an easy gun to shoot.
    The bad, I was hitting about 3" low at 10 yards. I measured the Ameriglo sights and they are the same height, front and rear, as the Glock sights so not sure what the issue is, for now I'm assuming it's me. I'll take a benchrest with me next time and see if it's still hitting low off the rest. I also switched back to the Flock rear sight, I like the ameriglo front post but I do not care for the rear sight. I think I'll do better with the glock rear and the nice bright Amarillo front.
    I also bought some Underwood +p for carry that I'm going to test through it next time.
    The Hostler

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    Well I installed a set of Amariglo CAP sights and went to the range friday.
    The good, very pleased with the performance of the G42. I shot about 200 rounds, half of it was flat nose FMJ and half was Fiocchi XTP HP. The only bobble was one failure of the slide to lock back on last round, I think it's possible I had my thumb on the slide lock, not sure.
    The G42 is an easy gun to shoot.
    The bad, I was hitting about 3" low at 10 yards. I measured the Ameriglo sights and they are the same height, front and rear, as the Glock sights so not sure what the issue is, for now I'm assuming it's me. I'll take a benchrest with me next time and see if it's still hitting low off the rest. I also switched back to the Flock rear sight, I like the ameriglo front post but I do not care for the rear sight. I think I'll do better with the glock rear and the nice bright Amarillo front.
    I also bought some Underwood +p for carry that I'm going to test through it next time.
    The issue with the CAP sights is lining up the rear line to the front sight...that is why you are shooting low.. I switched out the rear sight to stock rear Glock night sights or Ameriglo rear night sights and that fixed the issue for me..

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pag23 View Post
    The issue with the CAP sights is lining up the rear line to the front sight...that is why you are shooting low.. I switched out the rear sight to stock rear Glock night sights or Ameriglo rear night sights and that fixed the issue for me..
    I pushed the factory Glock rear sight back on and went to the range today. I shot about 140 rounds, all defensive HP ammo, 40 rounds were Underwood +p. No issues at all. I'm not recoil sensitive at all but I have to admit, the Underwood ammo did in fact make my hand hurt after a few magazines.
    It shoots fantastic, POI is right on POA with the Ameriglo front sight and Glock rear.
    This G42 is a 380 game changer. Ive had an LCP as a pocket gun for a number of years, it's been 100% reliable but I never considered it accurate beyond 7-10 yards. With the 42 I could consistently ring 6" and larger steel plates at 25 yards. I even stepped over to the rifle range and shot a magazine full at a 12×20 steel silhouette at 100 yards just for fun. I hit 4 out of 6 shots (braced against a bench). For me, shooting a pocket 380, that is phenomenal.
    The G42 may be a pocket gun but I assure you, it is a practical defensive firearm.I
    After about 300 flawless rounds, nearly half of it defensive rounds, and sights that are right on the money, I feel confident enough to put this in the carry rotation, and maybe finally retire my trusted LCP.
    The Hostler

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12