Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Block 42 sight options

Just bought a g42. I'll mostly be pocket carrying it, occasionally OWB carry. Not a fan of IWB.
    I'm not a factory Glock sight hater, I don't mind the white outline, but I do want night sights for it. I've got a G26 with Heinie straight 8 sights that I really like but I want something smaller. It looks like Heinie read sights are too wide. Pretty much all of the aftermarket fear sights I've seen look too wide for the 42 slide.
    I'm thinking about getting just a tritium front sight and keeping the glock factory rear sight. Anyone do this? Any suggestions for a nice tidy small tritium sight set for the 42?
    The Hostler

(Wyoming County)

Default Re: Block 42 sight options

(Bucks County)

Ameriglo CAP front sight....very easy to pick up the front sight...

(Montgomery County)

Almost all my Glocks have 3 dot Glock brand night sights, my 43 included. A LGS was doing a special for factory NS installed a couple years ago and I went all in on it.

(Franklin County)

Thanks guys. I just bought a set of Ameriglo CAP sights. Very similar to the Heinie straight 8 I like on my 26.
    The Hostler

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    +1 to the Truglo I prefer the TFX pro's and think they blow everything else away on the current market. I had the CAP sights on my G43 and they lasted about a week, I hated everything about them.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    +1 to the Truglo I prefer the TFX pro's and think they blow everything else away on the current market. I had the CAP sights on my G43 and they lasted about a week, I hated everything about them.
    How do you mean they only lasted a week? Was there a problem with the sights of was it you just had enough of them in a week?
    I've got straight 8 sights on my other glock ,similar to the CAP sight, and I like how fast it is to pickup and align the two dots verses lining up three dots, especially with my bifocal prescription glasses off. My only gripe with the straight 8 sights is they could be brighter.
    The Hostler

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    How do you mean they only lasted a week? Was there a problem with the sights of was it you just had enough of them in a week?
    I've got straight 8 sights on my other glock ,similar to the CAP sight, and I like how fast it is to pickup and align the two dots verses lining up three dots, especially with my bifocal prescription glasses off. My only gripe with the straight 8 sights is they could be brighter.
    Three dots makes more sense to me. Sure, you can put one dot above another, but it can easily be high or low. Now, at 7 yards, that shouldn't be a problem, but still...

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    They are made well I just didn’t like them. I kept burying the front sight and all my hits were way to low. Instead of retraining myself for one pistol I went to what I know and feel confident with out to 30 yards.

Remember Glock 42/43 sights are significantly smaller then standard Glock sights do for me the 3 dot fiber optic/tritium combo with the big white or orange circle the TFX or TFX pros offer makes a difference, at least for me.

(Montgomery County)

Don't forget you can send your slide to Glock for them to install night sights for about the cost of the sights themselves from a retailer. If you strip your slide, they will put new parts in for free, so you get about $60 worth of parts too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast