Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Jefferson County)

Default Re: PICS "in Research" more common than before?

I figured things out, both who you are and your record. Both, the M1 and F3 charges were withdrawn. However, the PICS/NICS system still see the charges(without full resolution). So, things go into research.

If you get a denial, you should be ok to submit a challenge.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    So are you in "in research" or not?
    I am "in research", just got off the phone with the FFL.

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    This may sound like a stupid question. When was your last firearm purchase? If it's been awhile, that might be why. Apparently they switch to something about a year-and-a-half to two years ago, and it's slowed things down dramatically. I ran across the same thing. Of course, it was two years ago, and it had been a little bit since I purchased a firearm.
    I never purchased one before, I tried to a few years back but Walmart claims they never got a result, and/or threw away my PICS request number.

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    I figured things out, both who you are and your record. Both, the M1 and F3 charges were withdrawn. However, the PICS/NICS system still see the charges(without full resolution). So, things go into research.

Yes, I appreciate you not publicly posting my identity or whatnot on a public forum, it is very much appreciated!
    I didn't think it would be hard for someone in the region to know who I am - I was one of the few who beat PSP in court over a taser charge. People out east haven't been so lucky.

That is what I was researching and was told! I know on Uber/Luft it still showed the F3 and M1 even being withdrawn, so I figured that might've posed a hiccup in the search.

I would have assumed if I was on a guaranteed prohibited list, it would've been an instant denial. or denial within 24-hours.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by CountryBoy08 View Post
    Yes, I appreciate you not publicly posting my identity or whatnot on a public forum, it is very much appreciated!
    I didn't think it would be hard for someone in the region to know who I am - I was one of the few who beat PSP in court over a taser charge. People out east haven't been so lucky.

That is what I was researching and was told! I know on Uber/Luft it still showed the F3 and M1 even being withdrawn, so I figured that might've posed a hiccup in the search.

I would have assumed if I was on a guaranteed prohibited list, it would've been an instant denial. or denial within 24-hours.

The one remaining conviction isn't prohibiting, and with supervision having been completed, technically you are legal. But, the background check system isn't perfect.

Right now you should wait out the storm until you get an approval or denial. Check in with the FFL every other day and politely ask about the status. If denied, get a copy of the challenge form from the FFL and fill it out. Also as an addendum on a blank sheet of paper - explain that the M1 and F3 changes were withdrawn.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

The one remaining conviction isn't prohibiting, and with supervision having been completed, technically you are legal. But, the background check system isn't perfect.

Right now you should wait out the storm until you get an approval or denial. Check in with the FFL every other day and politely ask about the status. If denied, get a copy of the challenge form from the FFL and fill it out. Also as an addendum on a blank sheet of paper - explain that the M1 and F3 changes were withdrawn.
    Copy that! I appreciate ALL of the information you have given me, even with the notice of reassuring on a challenge form (if it gets denied) that the F3's and M1's were dropped. I just learned someone with my similar name in KY or TN just severely abused a child and was arrested, so I didn't know if that likely threw a flag in NCIC too!

I will do like others and post an update here to see what may happen! I read between day 14-16 is when most approvals take place for instances like mine, so on to waiting for the storm to pass!

(Lancaster County)

Copy that! I appreciate ALL of the information you have given me, even with the notice of reassuring on a challenge form (if it gets denied) that the F3's and M1's were dropped. I just learned someone with my similar name in KY or TN just severely abused a child and was arrested, so I didn't know if that likely threw a flag in NCIC too!

I will do like others and post an update here to see what may happen! I read between day 14-16 is when most approvals take place for instances like mine, so on to waiting for the storm to pass!
    There's also someone in PA with a similar name as yours with boatloads of charges.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Jefferson County)

Yes, please keep us informed of the news of your results.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    There's also someone in PA with a similar name as yours with boatloads of charges.
    Yikes! That could be it too then! I only have the 3 cases (one juvenile and 1 adult conviction, 1 summary) so that is a bit concerning to know that! I thought mine was bad, but then I saw what some others have on their rap sheet and I was like "holy crap"!

I just ran UJS check on my name and middle name variation - it's scary knowing this guy is only about 60 miles from me!

(Berks County)

In the cave with Alfred again.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast