Hello folks!

I am making this post after reading dozens of other threads here of being lodged in the "in research status".

Before I went out and tried to purchase a Glock 30, I did an extensive background search on my one juvenile adjudication and my one adult conviction (none are under 6105 and the adult was a max of 2 years, which I know the exception is state misdemeanors max of 2 years and less do not prohibit you) but I got thrown into the "in research" status.

I am 21, I only attempted to buy a long gun before about 2 years ago and was thrown in an "in research" status again, but when I went back in 2 weeks Walmart said they lost the record for my attempted sale and couldn't give me a challenge form or anything.

So I went up to a dealer with a good word and high-rating and tried to buy a Glock 30. I could see on the computer it was just spinning and spinning like requests were timing out. They said after 15 minutes that I am "in research", but that they have seen this alot recently and that it's far from a bad thing. They said a denial would have been instant since I put my SSN on the form and everything else truthfully.

My juvenile adjudication (thank god it wasn't a conviction and they are not treated the same) was an F3 statute 7612, my adult conviction was an M2 statute 903. None are prohibiting offenses, even with a felony adjudication if it's not on 6105(b) or (c) with like murder and whatnot.

Funny thing is after my M2 conviction, while on probation, the president judge ordered PSP to give me my taser (Taser X26) back while on county probation. PSP CPL gave it back (I cleared it with my PO first) and they said the day I am off probation I can lawfully carry it for self-defense (statute 908.1) which I won in court after they confiscated it from me. If the judge, PO, and PSP gave me back a taser which requires you to legally be able to possess firearms, I strongly doubt I am a prohibited person especially since none of my stuff falls within 6105 (c).

Once I get my answer from PICS/NICS, I am applying for my CCW.