Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Conceal carry at Forrest Theater in Philadelphia

Hi. First, thank you for taking the time to read / answer my post. I have gained excellent information here throughout the years and value the feedback provided by all.

As for my my post: Just wondering if anyone has recent experience conceal carrying at the Forrest Theater on Walnut Street in Philly. I will be taking my daughter to Hamilton this weekend and would like to know if there is any known / confirmed policy on firearms. I do have my PA license to carry from Philadelphia but never attended a show there. Their website was not helpful. Any advice / information is always appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Conceal carry at Forrest Theater in Philadelphia

Hey, I can definitely answer this for you since I've already gone to see Hamilton at the Forrest Theatre.

The theatre does have a no firearm policy and staff does search bags and wand everyone on the way in, best leave it at home or safely locked inside the car.

Tips for the show:
    -Use the SpotHero app/website to reserve parking ahead of time, there's a couple self-park garages within a couple blocks of the theatre that are only $10-15.
    -The bathroom situation in the theatre is not equipped to handle a sold out crowd during intermission. The bathrooms in the basement are larger than the ones on the second floor, but unless you're one of the first people down there during the intermission, get ready to stand in one hell of a line.
    -Burger place across the street is damn good.

(York County)

Didn't the Hamilton cast call out V.P. Pence some time back? Mid-performance?
    No thank you and fuck them very much!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 2DogsBarking View Post
    Didn't the Hamilton cast call out V.P. Pence some time back? Mid-performance?
    No thank you and fuck them very much!
    I don't want to derail the thread or get into a debate but your post is inaccurate in some ways. You're welcome to your thoughts and opinions, but I think we should keep the story straight in case this thread ends up affecting anyone's thoughts on wanting to see the show (because it really is fantastic).

1) The "call out" wasn't a personal attack, it was a speech airing concerns to a politician.
    2) It wasn't mid-performance, it was at the curtain call.
    3) Mike Pence himself said he wasn't offended.

(York County)

Mea Culpa

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Harmacy View Post
    Hey, I can definitely answer this for you since I've already gone to see Hamilton at the Forrest Theatre.

The theatre does have a no firearm policy and staff does search bags and wand everyone on the way in, best leave it at home or safely locked inside the car.

Tips for the show:
    -Use the SpotHero app/website to reserve parking ahead of time, there's a couple self-park garages within a couple blocks of the theatre that are only $10-15.
    -The bathroom situation in the theatre is not equipped to handle a sold out crowd during intermission. The bathrooms in the basement are larger than the ones on the second floor, but unless you're one of the first people down there during the intermission, get ready to stand in one hell of a line.
    -Burger place across the street is damn good.
    This is great information! Thank you! Plus I really appreciate the tips (especially the bathroom situation). We love Bareburger! We actually live not too far from the theater, so parking is not an issue. We'll probably hit up the Cheesecake Factory up the ways for an early dinner and Scoop Deville for post theater deserts. Hahaha!

So the firearm stays home, but cheesecake and ice cream sort of makes up for it

Thanks again @Harmacy!

(Northampton County)

Imagine going anywhere in Philly unarmed. You've got bigger balls than me sir.
    Free "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named"