Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Default Re: Question About Buying A Long Gun In PA

Someone is demonstrating a fundamental misunderstanding of the laws.

It's a FEDERAL law which prohibits a resident from one state from directly selling a modern gun of any kind to a resident of another state. The notion that Maryland private sales are exempt from this law is wrong.

And who are you to tell a seller how he must sell his goods, and what risks he has to take? If a gun that's traceable to me ends up used in a crime, I'm not going to be the last guy standing when all the chairs are taken. If you think that "people can tell" if a buyer is prohibited, let me tell you, people can't always tell if they themselves are prohibited, much less some dude they met 2 minutes ago. And we in PA are not capable of instantly spotting "a Maryland accent", much less knowing that the buyer just had a PFA taken out against him last week.

If a seller makes a consistent policy of looking at LTCF's, then there won't be evidence that he was selling $200 guns for $300 to people who couldn't use an FFL. Especially since the kinds of folks who commit crimes with guns are not finicky about cooperating with anti-gun DA's to implicate the seller, so if you're careless about who your guns go to, you could end up on CNN as an "illegal arms merchant", followed by some expensive vindication at trial.

Hey, I make a LOT more money from a trial than I make from handing out free advice, so you sellers are welcome to wing it and sell to whomever has the green, and hope for the best. After they catch the serial killer and he swears that he told you that he was prohibited and they didn't sell that gun back home in Maryland, but you sold him the gun anyway, good luck in explaining what due diligence you performed.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Philadelphia County)

Sheesh....we haven't even broached the topic of a bill of sale yet.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by j_h_smith View Post
    Yeah... stay classy PA. When you can't win a discussion with facts, just start with the personal attacks.

Who are you to tell any other citizen that they have to have an LTCF in order to transfer a firearm. Like I said, you guys are doing the work for the Liberal government.
    Who are you to tell anyone how they can sell their property? Your no better than the government.

Why do you say I'm trolling? It just doesn't make sense that in the People Republic of Maryland, I can buy and sell a gun without needing a fellow gun owner telling me I need a license from the government before you will sell me a long gun. Can you not see the irony???
    You mean no one in MD has never asked to see a license or some kind of ID before selling another individual a long gun?

(Lancaster County)

I've heard of this disease. It's called BGOS., Yeah... stay classy PA. When you can't win a discussion with facts, just start with the personal attacks.

Who are you to tell any other citizen that they have to have an LTCF in order to transfer a firearm. Like I said, you guys are doing the work for the Liberal government.
    Actually it's called covering ones own ass and being responsible I see when you can't refute in an adult fashion a reasonable and logical response you resort to this same personal attack, which pretty much says it all. Don't worry I'll never sell anything to you and it looks like I won't ever have to worry about you trying either so win win I say.
    Last edited by HKusp 45; October 5th, 2019 at 06:49 AM.

Yeah... stay classy PA. When you can't win a discussion with facts, just start with the personal attacks.

Who are you to tell any other citizen that they have to have an LTCF in order to transfer a firearm.
    Like I said, you guys are doing the work for the Liberal government.
    Well I'm the owner of my personal shit so if I want to sell it only on a Tuesday in a rain storm during a lunar eclipse while requiring a birth certificate it's really no one else's fucking business.

So really who the Hell are you to tell me what I should and should not require? Should I really require the state minimum? The same state that would see fit in coming after me if I did mistakenly sell to a prohibited person or to someone who wasn't even a resident of my state so I can have that state as well as the Fed's coming after me?

At this point your being obtuse just for the sake of it because your not getting the answer you want, so I will give it to you.

You sir are a better American then many of us here because you will sell a long arm to anyone without covering your ass by asking for the bare minimum of making sure they are at least a resident and of legal age.

Congratulations to you, you are a true 2nd Amendment warrior and one day when the new America rises out of the ashes of the current mess you sir will be a folk hero and many monuments will be made in your image.

I know what one chooses to do with their personal property keeps me up all night pondering the downfall of America, and keeps me from ever wanting to move to a state.
    Last edited by Hodgie; October 5th, 2019 at 06:58 AM.

(Erie County)

Well, us Pa'ers are sure not as classy as Marylanders, and us PA'ers surely don't have the ability to look another man in the eye and reasonably believe, "Yup, this one ain't prohibited", like Marylanders can, so us PA'ers ask for a non-probihited card to help us PA'ers out.

I hope this clears everything up with this misunderstanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Someone is demonstrating a fundamental misunderstanding of the laws.

It's a FEDERAL law which prohibits a resident from one state from directly selling a modern gun of any kind to a resident of another state. The notion that Maryland private sales are exempt from this law is wrong.

And who are you to tell a seller how he must sell his goods, and what risks he has to take? If a gun that's traceable to me ends up used in a crime, I'm not going to be the last guy standing when all the chairs are taken. If you think that "people can tell" if a buyer is prohibited, let me tell you, people can't always tell if they themselves are prohibited, much less some dude they met 2 minutes ago. And we in PA are not capable of instantly spotting "a Maryland accent", much less knowing that the buyer just had a PFA taken out against him last week.

If a seller makes a consistent policy of looking at LTCF's, then there won't be evidence that he was selling $200 guns for $300 to people who couldn't use an FFL. Especially since the kinds of folks who commit crimes with guns are not finicky about cooperating with anti-gun DA's to implicate the seller, so if you're careless about who your guns go to, you could end up on CNN as an "illegal arms merchant", followed by some expensive vindication at trial.

Hey, I make a LOT more money from a trial than I make from handing out free advice, so you sellers are welcome to wing it and sell to whomever has the green, and hope for the best. After they catch the serial killer and he swears that he told you that he was prohibited and they didn't sell that gun back home in Maryland, but you sold him the gun anyway, good luck in explaining what due diligence you performed.

BGOS

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    Actually it's called covering ones own ass and being responsible I see when you can't refute in an adult fashion a reasonable and logical response you resort to this same personal attack, which pretty much says it all. Don't worry I'll never sell anything to you and it looks like I won't ever have to worry about you trying either so win win I say.
    BGOS

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    Well, us Pa'ers are sure not as classy as Marylanders, and us PA'ers surely don't have the ability to look another man in the eye and reasonably believe, "Yup, this one ain't prohibited", like Marylanders can, so us PA'ers ask for a non-probihited card to help us PA'ers out.

I hope this clears everything up with this misunderstanding.
    BGOS

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    Sheesh....we haven't even broached the topic of a bill of sale yet.
    Lol, somebody lock this shitshow. This guy isn't open to considering reasonable responses to his question. He had his mind made up and just wanted to throw some mud at his neighbor's house.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast