Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Supressor for 10.5" 300BLK SBR/Pistol & 5.56 16" recomendations.

I'm building a 300BLK pistol and and depending on how I like it I may get a suppressor and eventually buy/build a more upper end custom 300BLK SBR.

The suppressor will be primarily for the 10.5" 300BLK SBR. But I would like something I can use on 16" 5.56 so long as its not taking away much from its ability to be effective on the 10.5" 300BLK.

Here are my requirements but they could be flexible.
    • Max length 6-7".
    • End user serviceable.
    • Ability to connect to a flash hider on both rifles.
    • Light (if possible).
    • Price around $1500 or less (if possible).
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Washington County)

Default Re: Supressor for 10.5" 300BLK SBR/Pistol & 5.56 16" recomendations.

Give Cory at CDS Arms a poke. He can show you some cans and point you in the right direction. https://www.cdsarms.com/

Personally, I don't really give a hoot about end user service and I don't know many can owners who do, or have even had to clean a center fire rifle can. It takes a lot of rounds to see an increase in weight due to carbon build up/fowling, and then they just clean them with an ultra sonic cleaner or the chemical dip trick. Just my 2 cents on that point on your list.

Other than that, minimizing weight/length and being able to QD attach to multiple rifles is good stuff. I wish I had gone with a 762SDN6 instead of the 762SD to save some weight/length. Otherwise I have no complaints with my AAC cans.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Lackawanna County)

The end user serviceable is gonna be a sticking point. Most centerfire fans don’t require it so they don’t make them that way. You’re gonna be looking at a pistol can that does 300
    Blk if that’s what you want

(Bucks County)

Very happy with my Sandman S. You can change out the end cap on the Sandman models for a specific one for sized for 556 or 308 which helps with noise reduction. They also use their keymount muzzle device so you can attach to any host you want.

https://deadairsilencers.com/products/sandman-s/
    Last edited by Palerider; October 9th, 2019 at 06:43 AM.