Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Stolen pistol leads to reckless endangerment charge for Stamford man

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    I got a gun safe for the car, cable secured to the car seat.
    Cheap insurance!

https://www.harborfreight.com/person...ugg_q=gun+safe
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Stolen pistol leads to reckless endangerment charge for Stamford man

Those gunsafes are neat,I would prefer to bolt it down under the seat as opposed to a cable.There is a good bit bit of car electronics underneath my front seats which does not leave much room though.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Better than nuthin'!

I put mine under the rear seat. It lifts up with a bit of storage space underneath.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Philadelphia County)

I'll take nuthin lol...and my car has been broken into before .It was locked btw and thank goodness nothing of value was in it at the time.The glove box was pried open and ransacked.That experience bolstered my stance against leaving anything of value in there.
    Last edited by Krichardson; October 6th, 2019 at 08:00 AM.

(Allegheny County)

I answered your question earlier.

(Bucks County)

Krichardson, you either do not carry when the destination is the Post Office or some other prohibited premise, or you enter illegally. Most of us prefer not to be disarmed during 95% of the trip to comply with 5% of the trip that the ridiculous violation of the 2nd amendment presents, and most of us comply with law if at all possible.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Krichardson, you either do not carry when the destination is the Post Office or some other prohibited premise, or you enter illegally. Most of us prefer not to be disarmed during 95% of the trip to comply with 5% of the trip that the ridiculous violation of the 2nd amendment presents, and most of us comply with law if at all possible.
    Eh..I already said in my post that I do not enter armed into prohibited areas,if for whatever reason I find myself needing to visit such places my weapon stays at home.

(Bucks County)

OK
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    OK
    Console Vault is a more secure and easier to use than the under seat boxes but a lot more pricey.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Chester County)

All the car gun safes that are out there today are meant for temporary storage like when you have to go into a store or Post Office that doesn't allow for carry. Nothing is going to stop a determined experienced thief that has tools and time to work on your security box. The lock boxes are there to slow down a thief or to prevent an inexperienced smash and grab thief from getting a hold on your gun. It isn't meant for overnight. Leaving a gun in your car overnight especially in a glove box or center console is just plain stupid. Even the most inexperienced thief can smash your window with little effort and take what's in the glove box or console. They may have a problem with a lock box that's secured to the car but if it's just a cable securing it a bolt cutter will make quick work of it and they can take the whole box and work on it at their leisure.

Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast