Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Stolen pistol leads to reckless endangerment charge for Stamford man

The fact that the law states we are unable to carry in so many places leaves us no choice but to leave a gun in our, hopefully locked, vehicle from time to time. It's not our fault. We do our best to follow the laws. Blame the people who made the laws. Why can't I carry in a post office? Makes no sense. But I'll either not go to the post office at all or leave my gun in my locked car for the 5 minutes that I'm in there. Those are the only 2 options thanks to stupid laws that only hurt honest people.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Stolen pistol leads to reckless endangerment charge for Stamford man

Park car. Move pistol from my carry spot to a place within car unobservable through car windows from outside car. Exit car.Lock car. Enter Post Office sans pistol per federal law. Conduct business in Post Office. Return to car. Upon entry/seated in car, return pistol to carry spot.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    Nope nope and nope....I don't leave very many personal items in my car,and I certainly don't need the headache of having my car broken into or stolen with my weapon along with it....never entered a non permissive environment while armed and we have gun lockers at work where we must secure our personal weapons as leaving them in the car on work property is a major employee violation.All employees personal vehices parked on the grounds are subject to random searches..
    Well, for the 99% of us who do not have gun lockers at work, it is the car. Try living like us for a week and then criticize.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterInPA1 View Post
    Well, for the 99% of us who do not have gun lockers at work, it is the car. Try living like us for a week and then criticize.
    Well I'm not speaking on the 99% of the rest of yall,leaving my weapon in my car is a risk that I choose not to take.I live how I live where I live,why dont you try planning your daily movements more carefully before jumping on my ass over a little comment.
    Last edited by Krichardson; October 6th, 2019 at 06:13 AM.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Geez , getting a bit hostile , no?

Anyway , if the car was LOCKED , this probably wouldn't have happened. Lots of thieves look for the inner lock button to be up or show orange. Some walk along the streets or thru parking lots trying the handles.

Don't make it easy for them!
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterInPA1 View Post
    You are correct. Most of us don't have access to gun lockers, so there are times when we need to secure our guns in the car for one reason or another. But small security safes can be purchased for between $25-50 that will hold a full size pistol, will fit under the seat for reduced visibility, and have a cable to secure it to the seat frame or some other fixed point in the car. The point being that it is inexpensive and effective for securing the gun against all but the most determined and prepared burglars. And for the most part, people who steal from vehicles don't go around carrying cable cutters or screwdrivers to pry open gun safes.

A small safe and locked doors is about all a person can do to secure a pistol in a vehicle. Is it perfect? No. But it's a shit ton more secure that leaving the gun wedged between the seats with the doors unlocked.

That's the whole point of my original post. With the ease and low cost of accessible in-car storage, at what point does just leaving things lying around amount to negligence?
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

The trunk works too. More secure than the cab. Thieves look to get in/out quick. Trunks are rarely broken into. My in-cab trunk button doesn't work unless ignition is on.

Most glove compartments and some between seat consoles lock , but the doors are usually plastic so no security there.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Geez , getting a bit hostile , no?

Anyway , if the car was LOCKED , this probably wouldn't have happened. Lots of thieves look for the inner lock button to be up or show orange. Some walk along the streets or thru parking lots trying the handles.

Don't make it easy for them!
    ....wasn't hostile at all,it was just my answer to his reply.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Indiana County)

I got a gun safe for the car, cable secured to the car seat.

Quote Originally Posted by steve_010 View Post
    The fact that the law states we are unable to carry in so many places leaves us no choice but to leave a gun in our, hopefully locked, vehicle from time to time. It's not our fault. We do our best to follow the laws. Blame the people who made the laws. Why can't I carry in a post office? Makes no sense. But I'll either not go to the post office at all or leave my gun in my locked car for the 5 minutes that I'm in there. Those are the only 2 options thanks to stupid laws that only hurt honest people.
    Since when do laws and common sense go together?

Whoever thought, "Gee , I was gonna stick-up the (bank , post office , etc) but they have a law against carrying guns in there. I don't want to get in trouble.''

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast