Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Of all the 9x19mm JHP on the market...

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    I'm going to add that your mindset going into a gunfight should not be "this guy is going to drop after the first hit" because when that doesn't happen the surprise is going to throw you off mentally. You shouldn't expect the guy to drop at all, your mindset should be "I am going to keep dumping rounds until the threat is gone".
    This... if there was a "one shot stopper" out there, we all would be using it.

I just read a story about a shooting "victim" in Philadelphia being shot 15 times ( out of 23 rds fired ) with a .45 ACP ( spent cases looked like 45 ACP ) ... and no mention of the bullet design... But the "victim" walked to the hospital.

The Police put 2 and 2 together ... the victim is in critical condition... but he still walked to the Hospital, with those 15 bullet wounds.

(Blair County)

Not getting into the actual 1 shot stop of this, because if I thought that mattered or was in Bear country I would have a 10mm 1911 or 454 Alaskan. I will say, while I was out chrono testing other stuff I shot some pdx1 defender 124 gr thru the chrono and it averaged 1349 out of a G26....Its kinda hard to find now and more expensive as it was back then, but it was 100 fps faster then the box said and its a nice projectile, so I carry that for the most part, but I buy almost any hollow point thats on sale.....I bought 1000 starfire 124 gr when it was 6.99 a box and wouldnt hesitate to use it. With a nine Im going to just keep shooting.

(Allegheny County)

Shoot em in the face

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Even the SAS knows and trains that a 9x19 takes at least two shots to stop an attacker no matter which brand or type you use. Why do you think they keep on coming out with bigger and bigger magazines for that somewhat mediocre calibre? If you're looking for the best averages of one shot stops you have to go to over to revolver calibres like .357 and 44 magnum. Thems is just how it is.
    10mm works in that direction. 15rds in a G20 is no joke.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    10mm works in that direction. 15rds in a G20 is no joke.
    I would think that 10mm falls somewhere in between 357 mag and 44 mag, maybe a little closer to 44 mag.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Here is a vey detailed report on handgun ammunition and one shot stops. Page 9 has the 9MM info.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...tpzLrB8kmZpbYG
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I would think that 10mm falls somewhere in between 357 mag and 44 mag, maybe a little closer to 44 mag.
    I keep hearing that 10mm is equal to .41 mag. I cant find any data to support that.

Using the data provided by "ballistics by the inch" I seem to think a hot 10mm is the equivalent to a mild or maybe moderate. 357mag

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    I keep hearing that 10mm is equal to .41 mag. I cant find any data to support that.

Using the data provided by "ballistics by the inch" I seem to think a hot 10mm is the equivalent to a mild or maybe moderate. 357mag
    I looked at ballistics 101 and 180gr 10mm seems almost identical to 180 357. Same across the weight range, they seem to be within 100fps one way or the other across most loads. Same with muzzle energy, very similar, which you would expect.

44mag jumps up quite a bit. Lowest energy loads for the 44 are comparable to the highest for either the 10 or 357 and go up to almost twice the energy at the top end loading.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123