Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: PA OnLine Ammo purchase issue

I now buy most of my ammo from SG Ammo. They have better prices, selection, quick and reasonable shipping, good customer service (got a full refund on some golden tiger 223 with hard primers.), and they don't charge sales tax like lucky gunner either.

marinville, thanks for the head's up on SG Ammo. I didn't know about them and sales tax can mount up, especially for those of us in Philly.

I never purchased from Lucky Gunner, and I definitely will not be in the future.

So I responded with an email to them asking them for info as to the statutory basis upon which LG justified their decision. This is what I got:

"The specific PA statute we based our decision on is: 18 Pa. Stat. and Cons. Stat. Ann. § 6302(a). Specifically the language of "A person is guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree if he sells or causes to be sold or leases to any person under 18 years of age any deadly weapon, cartridge, gunpowder, or other similar dangerous explosive substance." This is not intended to be legal advice for you personally, it is only a contributing factor upon which we have based our decision."

Somehow, cynic that I am, there's a backstory going on I don't know about. But, is what it is. I'll find another place to do business with, although that's sorta like the old "shuttin' the door after the horses have long gone." That the change was never posted in the clear is what pissed me off. And I'll shortly tell them that.

TB605

I haven't found any better deals other than on broker. Just bought 100rnds 308 tracer for 49.00 plus shipping.
    5000rnds .22 armscor 175 shipped.

The eCommerce site LG uses for age verification is AgeChecker.net. Here is a relevant excerpt from their privacy policy (sic).

4. Sharing or Disclosing your Information

Your Information may be disclosed to our employees, vendors, contractors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf, at our direction and subject to the terms of this policy, including a third-party identity verification provider. The results of the Verification Process, as well as some or all of your Information may also be shared with our Customers as part of the Verification Process. We also may share your information with your consent and at your direction.
    If you submit a photo ID to our Service, it will be deleted as soon as the Verification Process is complete and will not be shared with any person except for our authorized employees or contractors.

Okay, why the hell wasn't I told about it upfront? was the question I asked of Matt at LG. I await his response, fully aware that I may have missed two searches of his site advising users of that protocol they had started using.

TB605

(Lancaster County)

I wonder if their contractors are in india.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Bitdefender warned me it was a dangerous website that can do damage or something of the sort.
    Why is that? I have a week left til my subscription expires, would it be deliberate on their behalf?
    Bitdefender: Your connection to this web page is not safe due to a revoked security certificate. Revoked certificates are usually fraudulently obtained or used and represent a risk for the way your data is handled.

Your browser attempted to establish a connection relying on a revoked certificate to www.luckygunner.com. We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since revoked certificates are usually fraudulently obtained or used.
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 17th, 1790)
    Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office!
    ..: TO SERVE AND PROTECT! Positive Stories :..

(Berks County)

Another vendor joins the ranks of Dick's, Cheaper Than Dirt, etc.

(Erie County)

For those griping about sales tax being charged, or not, purchaser is still responsible for paying it, either by the shipper, or by the USE TAX part on a State Tax Form.

IANAL, and YMMV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast