Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default 48th Senatorial seat---Diamond, what do you know about him?

Diamond to seek Republican nomination for Senate seat

LEBANON, Pa. (WHTM) — State Rep. Russ Diamond says he will seek the Republican nomination for a special election in January to fill a vacancy in the 48th state senatorial district.

“The people of the 48th district deserve a senator who knows his way around the legislative process, has existing relationships with current senators, can provide a smooth transition, and has an established record of standing up for Republican values,” Diamond said. “I’ve sought counsel from colleagues, senators, my fiancée, family members, my campaign team, and the general public. After much consideration, prayer, and assessment of the time commitments required to seek the nomination, campaign, and serve in the Senate, I believe I am the most qualified and logical choice to fill this vacancy.”

The Lebanon County native is currently serving his third term in the state House of Representatives. The 102nd district he serves is located entirely within Lebanon County. He is assigned to the Agriculture & Rural Affairs, Gaming Oversight, Finance, and State Government committees.

Diamond was appointed to secretary of the State Government Committee at the beginning of the 2019‐20 legislative session and also appointed as a member of the Finance Committee’s Select Subcommittee on Tax Modernization & Reform.

His legislative achievements include returning industrial hemp to production in Pennsylvania (Act 92 of 2016), a common-sense welfare reform bill (HB775) which advanced last week in the Senate, and a landmark constitutional amendment to change the way Pennsylvania elects appellate court judges (HB196) slated for final passage in the House this fall.

https://www.abc27.com/news/local/leb...cial-election/
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Berks County)

Default Re: 48th Senatorial seat---Diamond, what do you know about him?

He’s very pro-2A and last legislative session submitted a bill to do away with the character and reputation requirement for an LTCF, as just one example. He also supports constitutional carry.
    Joshua Prince, Esq. - Firearms Industry Consulting Group - www.PaFirearmsLawyer.com

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Diamond to seek Republican nomination for Senate seat

LEBANON, Pa. (WHTM) — State Rep. Russ Diamond says he will seek the Republican nomination for a special election in January to fill a vacancy in the 48th state senatorial district.

“The people of the 48th district deserve a senator who knows his way around the legislative process, has existing relationships with current senators, can provide a smooth transition, and has an established record of standing up for Republican values,” Diamond said. “I’ve sought counsel from colleagues, senators, my fiancée, family members, my campaign team, and the general public. After much consideration, prayer, and assessment of the time commitments required to seek the nomination, campaign, and serve in the Senate, I believe I am the most qualified and logical choice to fill this vacancy.”

The Lebanon County native is currently serving his third term in the state House of Representatives. The 102nd district he serves is located entirely within Lebanon County. He is assigned to the Agriculture & Rural Affairs, Gaming Oversight, Finance, and State Government committees.

Diamond was appointed to secretary of the State Government Committee at the beginning of the 2019‐20 legislative session and also appointed as a member of the Finance Committee’s Select Subcommittee on Tax Modernization & Reform.

His legislative achievements include returning industrial hemp to production in Pennsylvania (Act 92 of 2016), a common-sense welfare reform bill (HB775) which advanced last week in the Senate, and a landmark constitutional amendment to change the way Pennsylvania elects appellate court judges (HB196) slated for final passage in the House this fall.

https://www.abc27.com/news/local/leb...cial-election/
    I know the man. He's very pro freedom. actively engages with his constituents and listens. He holds the traditional PA Dutch values, including being a strong pro 2A guy. I'd hate loosing him as a rep (although my rep is Frank Ryan, the 101) Russ is a good guy to sit in the Senate.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    I know the man. He's very pro freedom. actively engages with his constituents and listens. He holds the traditional PA Dutch values, including being a strong pro 2A guy. I'd hate loosing him as a rep (although my rep is Frank Ryan, the 101) Russ is a good guy to sit in the Senate.
    Good, because the other Republican running I heard is a Rino......We need as many Pro-2A Senators as possible.

(Lebanon County)

Good, because the other Republican running I heard is a Rino......We need as many Pro-2A Senators as possible.
    understand, he's still a politician, and I don't always agree with his position, but I agree with him much more than I don't and he represents well. The other guy, well RINO is a good fit for them

(Bucks County)

GOP votes Lebanon County District Attorney David Arnold to run for Mike Folmer’s vacated state Senate seat

https://fox43.com/2019/10/19/gop-vot...e-senate-seat/

(Bucks County)

Let me guess, he's the RINO?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Let me guess, he's the RINO?
    In Bucks county the person that gets the endorsement is usually the one that IS the Rino! If they don't like you they'll do whatever it takes to knock you out of the race, even if it benefits the Democrats.

(Bucks County)

In Bucks county the person that gets the endorsement is usually the one that IS the Rino! If they don't like you they'll do whatever it takes to knock you out of the race, even if it benefits the Democrats.
    Tell me about it.