Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Stun guns and tasers---NJ/NY

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    New Jersey gun forums may be able help on the New Jersey side.
    Checked there and they are confused as well....some reports state it is legal and some reports state it's legal but not outside the home. This is so stupid----I can't believe it's almost impossible to protect myself and my family. Heck, even my Kimber pepper spray is illegal in NYC. Screw that----
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

In all of my years I have never seen a can of pepper spray fail. On the other hand I have seen a taser fail twice. Once Thank GOD it was during a training event. The other time the SHTF! Go with the pepper spray and the legal amount allowed.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Pepper spray is your only "safe" option IMO.

NJ limits you to a small key chain size.
    NY insists it be purchased directly within the state (city probably has their own rules) and a log book be signed regarding the purchase (at least the last time I looked).

So to be legal you would need to find a key chain size purchased in NYC so it can be legally used/possessed in NJ.

Nothing but bad choices/options, none of which can be guaranteed to not land you in jail.

ETA:
    If this was going to be ongoing I would be signing the family up for a self defense and knife wielding class.
    Last edited by God's Country; October 2nd, 2019 at 05:57 PM.

I just got an email from the company about this. Maybe gimmicky, maybe innovative, bot a new and interesting idea either way.

https://vimeo.com/350016036
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    I just got an email from the company about this. Maybe gimmicky, maybe innovative, bot a new and interesting idea either way.

https://vimeo.com/350016036
    That's interesting... I wonder how large the network is at this time? If you have quite a few people in network in that area it could help...

(Bucks County)

Here's a response from the "NY gun forums":

"Nobody is going to clarify anything, if you call the NYPD, the NYSP, the DA's office you will get different answers, on different days by different people. The ban is still on the books in the NY penal law. By the court ruling the STATE ban is unconstitutional, however a tyrant police lieutenant in the Nassau county pistol licensing division argued by email that the ruling doesn't apply to the eastern district of NY. A gun store in Suffolk county and a private citizen has filed suit recently against Nassau county. Who knows what would happen if a LEO sees it or god forbid you have to use it in self defense. It is up to you how much risk you're willing to take in defending yourself. You most likely will win in court, but an arrest is always possible in anti 2A new Yorkistan."
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Here's a response from the "NY gun forums":

"Nobody is going to clarify anything, if you call the NYPD, the NYSP, the DA's office you will get different answers, on different days by different people. The ban is still on the books in the NY penal law. By the court ruling the STATE ban is unconstitutional, however a tyrant police lieutenant in the Nassau county pistol licensing division argued by email that the ruling doesn't apply to the eastern district of NY. A gun store in Suffolk county and a private citizen has filed suit recently against Nassau county. Who knows what would happen if a LEO sees it or god forbid you have to use it in self defense. It is up to you how much risk you're willing to take in defending yourself. You most likely will win in court, but an arrest is always possible in anti 2A new Yorkistan."
    Same as NJ, everything is so convoluted nobody knows the law.......until you have contact with a LEO then suddenly the law is crystal clear and you're cuffed.

(Chester County)

NJ seems fairly straight forward:

NJSA 2C :39-1. Definitions. The following definitions apply to this chapter and to chapter 58:
    t. "Stun gun" means any weapon or other device which emits an electrical charge or current intended to temporarily or permanently disable a person.

NJSA 2C :39-3 Prohibited weapons and devices.
    h. Stun guns. Any person who knowingly has in his possession any stun gun is guilty of a crime of the fourth degree.
    The only exception if for "law enforcement officer who is exempted from the provisions of that subsection by the Attorney General."
    IANAL

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    That's interesting... I wonder how large the network is at this time? If you have quite a few people in network in that area it could help...
    I'm also wondering if you can use the police department as a contact?

I guess they'd have to have the app, but maybe they should if this catches on. They already employ devices that call them when a gunshot occurs in cities, why not add pepper spray deployments as well to improve response time.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12