Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Black bear/ woods protection

Quote Originally Posted by 300zx_tt View Post
    As far as budget, I planned $600 for a firearm, $100-$150 for a chest rig or shoulder holster ( have to load my bag with gear and see where I think it will be best) and $200 for practice ammo and another $50-$60 bucks for some extreme penetrators or the like.
    Check out the Kit Bags from Hill People Gear. More discreet/versatile than a dedicated chest holster, and just as easy to get your gun if needed.

Default Re: Black bear/ woods protection

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    I’ve got several Taurus handguns. Never had a problem with any of them.
    I said the same thing many years ago. I had a Taurus that worked great, until it broke. I sent it back for repair, it was returned within 4 weeks and worked... for about 10 rounds. Then it broke the same way again. I put it in the safe and made a note to send it back again.

I finally got around to sending it in for repair about a year later. I sent it in, and about four weeks later got a letter telling me that the gun was subject to a class action lawsuit and that they could not repair it during that time. I asked them to send it back to me... they refused. They also refused to send me a replacement. After nearly three years, they contacted me and offered to send a replacement. However, they were only offering certain models for replacement, and most of the models they were offering only came with mags that held more than 10 rounds. Since I'm in PRNY, that meant they would not send me any of those models, even without mags.

So, in the end, I sent in a full size .45 and, three years later, received back a compact .40. While I like the replacement and consider it a better quality gun, I am nonetheless still ticked off about the whole thing and will certainly never buy another one of their guns.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123