Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

Default Re: Parking for Philly LTCF renewal

I was pleasantly surprised today. I arrived at 0800, parked about 25 yards from the GPU building, same side of street. No signs on phone poles or anywhere else prohibiting it, and no parking meters. Beautiful. I was #5 in line, 2 renewals and two first-timers. Beautiful day made it a good beginning while I talked with the gentlemen waiting. Detective came to open the front door at precisely 0830. "Good morning, Gentlemen. Come in; sign in on the appropriate sign-in sheet, New one's on the left side of the table, renewals on the right. Your number weill be called at it is the same as the number on the sheet next to where you put YOUR INITIALS.

Met with a really nice young woman Detective. She reviewed my paperwork. No glitches not resolved by going back to my car to get my State Farm proof of insurance. Asked me to initial all answers to the questions that she asked and they were essentially the same as on the 4473. In addition, she did ask if I had a marijuana medical ID card, whether I had tatoos, and ever had any expungements. I then had to provide three signatures, one on each page where the line items I had initialed were listed. Asked me to have a seat, wait in line to get my fingerprints. Every single one of the detectives who were going by me as I waited was really friendly and cordial. No attitudes of any kind. Glad I started early. All in all, a smooth process, and I expect that having gotten there early made a difference.

I appreciate all you of you all who responded.

TB605
    Last edited by TangoBravo605; October 2nd, 2019 at 02:37 PM. Reason: added info