Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Teen Hunter Shot and Killed After Being Mistaken for a Deer in Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Deer was watching the whole thing with binoculars, laughing it’s ass off.
    BS. Deer dont need binoculars.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Teen Hunter Shot and Killed After Being Mistaken for a Deer in Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    BS. Deer dont need binoculars.
    Does if he is near-sighted.

(Lancaster County)

Shooter was arrested: https://thebrunswicknews.com/news/lo...fd4119889.html

Glynn County Police arrested Hector Romero-Hernandez, 32, on Monday, charging him with misuse of a firearm while hunting resulting in serious bodily harm, according to Glynn County Detention Center records. He remained Tuesday in the county jail, held without bond on the felony charge. Additionally, Romero-Hernandez is charged with hunting with an unlawful weapon, hunting without a big game license and hunting without a license, all three of which are misdemeanors, according to jail records.
    No charge for negligent homicide?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Shooter was arrested: https://thebrunswicknews.com/news/lo...fd4119889.html

No charge for negligent homicide?
    That was a poorly written article. From what I gather the "held without bond on the felony charge" is the homicide charge. Most states do not allow for bail on homicide charges. I just cant be sure because its another state.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Bucks County)

You may be confusing homicide and murder. Homicide is death at the hand of another person, which includes involuntary manslaughter. Bail is available on some charges.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    If he didn't positively ID what he was shooting at, he had no business shooting. I'd say anyone that stares at stumps thinking it's a deer is a bullshit hunter. Why is it so difficult for you to understand that you don't shoot at something that you can't ID properly?

I've spent a lot of time in the woods, I've seen many stumps, not once have I ever thought one looked like a deer.
    To be fair, it can be difficult to identify your target in the woods in fading or early morning light, or at distance. That, however, does not make Gunplummer's point, it makes yours. You do not shoot at something you cannot positively identify, even if it means missing an opportunity.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Carbon County)

streaker69 is a bullshit deer hunter. The biggest deer I ever shot looked like part of a log when I first spotted it. I stopped, lit a cigarette, and smoked for a while until the deer picked it's head up. A hundred guys would have walked past that "Log". I suppose streaker69 would also tell me you should not walk around while deer hunting. It is like driving a car. Not only do you have to watch what you are doing, but it is smart to keep an eye on the other guy too.

(Chester County)

uh oh...

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunplummer View Post
    streaker69 is a bullshit deer hunter. The biggest deer I ever shot looked like part of a log when I first spotted it. I stopped, lit a cigarette, and smoked for a while until the deer picked it's head up. A hundred guys would have walked past that "Log". I suppose streaker69 would also tell me you should not walk around while deer hunting. It is like driving a car. Not only do you have to watch what you are doing, but it is smart to keep an eye on the other guy too.
    You're wrong, completely wrong. Couldn't even be more wrong.

I've never hunted. I thought about, then I decided I didn't want to risk my life by going into the woods during hunting season because there's so many people out there that shoot at sounds and tree stumps.

Quite honestly, I don't know what point you're trying to make. I don't recall saying anything about not walking around while hunting, my only concern here is the assholes hunters that shoot at things they haven't positively identified as a proper target. Maybe you find it acceptable that someone did that, and killed a kid. You seem to be ok with this being an "accident", and not negligent homicide.

I'll expect your next retort to be that my opinion doesn't matter because I'm not a hunter, because that's normally what comes from you guys next.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunplummer View Post
    So you didn't shoot it until you knew exactly what it was, right?
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast