Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Teen Hunter Shot and Killed After Being Mistaken for a Deer in Georgia

(Carbon County)

Default Re: Teen Hunter Shot and Killed After Being Mistaken for a Deer in Georgia

"Were you there" pretty much covers this discussion. It would be interesting to know how much orange this guy was wearing, if any. I have caught quite a few guys in brown camo during rifle season. One year in WV we caught a guy in a ghilli suit. Then there is the guys that wear the dirtyist, faded, smallest vest and hats they can find. You don't know what the shooter saw. I have never been involved in a hunting accident and hope I never am, but it could just as easily been any one of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunplummer View Post
    "Were you there" pretty much covers this discussion. It would be interesting to know how much orange this guy was wearing, if any. I have caught quite a few guys in brown camo during rifle season. One year in WV we caught a guy in a ghilli suit. Then there is the guys that wear the dirtyist, faded, smallest vest and hats they can find. You don't know what the shooter saw. I have never been involved in a hunting accident and hope I never am, but it could just as easily been any one of us.
    I dont know about you but I'd never shoot at something I couldn't identify.
    Its either a deer or its not, simple as that. Just because it was brown?
    Man shouldn't be hunting let alone have a gun in his hands.

(Lancaster County)

If the shooter, illegally using a rifle during archery season, didn't see a deer, but heard something moving through the brush, then he's 100% at fault and a complete asshole. There is no excusing shooting at something you hear, but can't see.

I think we can pretty much guarantee that the shooter didn't see a deer.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Luzerne County)

When I was in school I had a teacher tell us a story. It goes something like this.

A father was excited to take his soon out hunting for bear, for the first time. So he gets the son up early on the first day of bear season. Drives off to the woods. He post the boy up on a hill with a bunch of brush around him for concealment. Tells the boy if you hear or see a bear to shoot it.

Then the father moves about a mile away to his post.

Just about Dawn the boy hears something coming at him up the hill. He could tell by the sounds that it must be a bear. He picks up his rifle and readies himself. As the bear breaks through the brush the boy pulls the trigger. Boom the bullet finds its mark.

The bullet went through the first hunter, went through the second hunter and lodged into the third hunters chest. Killing all three men who were walking single file to third respective hunting blinds further up the hill.

Now I was told this story a long time ago and have no clue if this was true or if this teacher was trying to warm hunters of the class to be careful on the first day.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Carbon County)

Where did it say he was shooting at sound? I am just saying that in his mind he saw a deer. If you never stopped and watched a stump for 15 minutes because you thought it might be a deer, you are probably one of those bullshit hunters.

(Allegheny County)

It would be interesting to know how much orange this guy was wearing, if any.
    Hard to say. But I am pretty sure he wasn’t sporting four legs and antlers.

(Lancaster County)

Where did it say he was shooting at sound? I am just saying that in his mind he saw a deer. If you never stopped and watched a stump for 15 minutes because you thought it might be a deer, you are probably one of those bullshit hunters.
    If he didn't positively ID what he was shooting at, he had no business shooting. I'd say anyone that stares at stumps thinking it's a deer is a bullshit hunter. Why is it so difficult for you to understand that you don't shoot at something that you can't ID properly?

I've spent a lot of time in the woods, I've seen many stumps, not once have I ever thought one looked like a deer.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

I don’t understand what difference does it make what is “in his mind”.

“Hey, sorry I fucked your wife. In my mind, she was my wife.” I mean, what of shit is that?

(Berks County)

I just saw an update on MSNBC. The doctors in the ER said that the kid might have survived had his hunting partners not hung him from a tree by his ankles and gutted him so that he would be easier to drag out...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast