Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Default Re: Man walked into Giant with his AR/AK

Quote Originally Posted by OwnTheRide View Post
    All of these arguments about how it's stupid to carry a rifle around are absolutely identical to the arguments I hear in NY against handgun OC.

I get your point, but let's be clear: you're making it on a very slippery slope. The same arguments you are using today against rifle carry can, are, and will be used against handgun OC.
    No, handguns are not rifles. Incidentally carrying a handgun is nothing like carrying a rifle in your hands, or even slung over your shoulder.

This is a silly argument, like saying "if pedophilia is illegal, next thing you know they'll ban all marriage."

I carry a pocket knife (except in Philly, where it's illegal and carries a mandatory 6 months). I don't carry a machete or sword. I also go almost everywhere in PA with a handgun somewhere on my person. I have never, ever walked into anyplace other than a gun shop or gun range carrying a long gun.

I occasionally see open carriers of handguns, and I notice it but it doesn't worry me. If I see some pasty-faced dork walk into Walmart with an AR-15 in his hands, I'll be scouting for covered firing positions and watching him instead of shopping. Because they aren't the same thing at all.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

PickingPA Guest

As I tell my kids, on various topics:

Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should

(Wayne County)

All of these arguments about how it's stupid to carry a rifle around are absolutely identical to the arguments I hear in NY against handgun OC.

I get your point, but let's be clear: you're making it on a very slippery slope. The same arguments you are using today against rifle carry can, are, and will be used against handgun OC.

Not even close, if you actually bother to think about context.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    As I tell my kids, on various topics:

Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should
    Yep.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    The can also be "carried" offensively or defensively. A holstered handgun is waiting until it's needed. A long gun or SBR (or the ersatz SBR's made with "braces") being carried in your hands in the supermarket, is being carried as though your plan is to use it.

If I walked into a Giant carrying a chain saw or a mop, everybody would look at me weirdly, and assume that my plan was to cut something or clean the floor. There's some sort of threshold point where the object you're carrying is so heavy or so large or so out of place, that the reasonable assumption is that your intent is to employ it imminently.

For example, "Mattress Girl":

Attachment 121891
    I knew a guy that used to hitchhike carrying a huge rubber dildo called "the champ". He walked a lot or took the bus.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Erie County)

The same arguments you are using today against rifle carry can, are, and will be used against handgun OC.
    Well, shooting up stores have caused new policy regarding open carry, but that's the right of private business.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I knew a guy that used to hitchhike carrying a huge rubber dildo called "the champ". He walked a lot or took the bus.
    As whimsical as this anecdote could be, that recollection of some guy would have been scrub from my R.O.M..
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

The can also be "carried" offensively or defensively. A holstered handgun is waiting until it's needed. A long gun or SBR (or the ersatz SBR's made with "braces") being carried in your hands in the supermarket, is being carried as though your plan is to use it.

If I walked into a Giant carrying a chain saw or a mop, everybody would look at me weirdly, and assume that my plan was to cut something or clean the floor. There's some sort of threshold point where the object you're carrying is so heavy or so large or so out of place, that the reasonable assumption is that your intent is to employ it imminently.

For example, "Mattress Girl":

Attachment 121891
    Never heard of her. What an F'd up story:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/...y-provocateur/
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

This is a silly argument, like saying "if pedophilia is illegal, next thing you know they'll ban all marriage."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Not even close, if you actually bother to think about context.
    Let's not forget who we'e talking about here. The same people that feel we need to ban modern sporting rifles despite the fact that they kill fewer people than pools.

As I said, I get your point(s). And as I said, the same arguments will be used against handgun OC. Regardless of how little sense they make.

I have continued to Open carry (usually a Beretta 92 or an HK USP compact) when I'm out alone, either in WaWa, Giant, McDonald's, and the like. I haven't had a problem lately. Nothing like an evacuation. Maybe I'm just lucky.

When with the family, I conceal so my daughter doesn't get any blowback from a communist who would go after her to harm me.

(Bucks County)

No, handguns are not rifles. Incidentally carrying a handgun is nothing like carrying a rifle in your hands, or even slung over your shoulder.

I carry a pocket knife (except in Philly, where it's illegal and carries a mandatory 6 months). I don't carry a machete or sword. I also go almost everywhere in PA with a handgun somewhere on my person. I have never, ever walked into anyplace other than a gun shop or gun range carrying a long gun.

I occasionally see open carriers of handguns, and I notice it but it doesn't worry me. If I see some pasty-faced dork walk into Walmart with an AR-15 in his hands, I'll be scouting for covered firing positions and watching him instead of shopping. Because they aren't the same thing at all.
    The voice of reason here, ladies and gentleman!
    "A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ― Edward R. Murrow

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast